General > Beating a dead horse

Hot Springs Vista Vs. CalSpa Atlantic CA51

<< < (2/6) > >>

Spatech_tuo:

--- Quote ---Are there any significant features that would make one better than the other?  Efficiency? Jets? Heater? Overall build qualty?  Company reputation?

Thanks,
Greg   8)
--- End quote ---

Take a look at the review section on this site and others to find out what customers of each have to say and your decision may get simpler.

spaman--:
Greg,

While I find the timing of this comparison incredibly ironic since 2 days ago I was toasting Chas on another site,but I will play along. Many of my best friends sell Hot Spring Spas.

First off there's no doubt that Hotspring builds a fine product, while on this site there has been created a doubt about Cal Spas, let me start by stating that I work for one of the largest spa (if not the largest spa dealers in the world) we sell exclusively Cal Spas. Remembering that the advertisement at the top of this forum does not say "Cal Spas" Know that reviews are baught and paid for. The 6 positive posts reflected in Ebiranes post were NOT bogus as I will hapilly refer all Phone numbers and adresses to the moderator. As I have asked some of my customers to post their experience (yes to boost the ratings) In fact the last post made by Robert Penetta of Colorado is from a man who works in this same building he posted his reveiw on this site and of course it was deleted. I understand Cal Spas does not pay for advertising here so why should we be alllowed to promote our product positively? There are 100's of thousands of Cal Spas out in the world and here you find maybe 4 people with bad experiences with primarily their local dealer. Now that being said, yes Cal spas has bad dealers, who may not do all they are expected to for their customers, the simple sad fact is ALL factories have this problem. Hotspring had it in Northern Arizona where a dealer who covered three towns did horrible things to customers. The Cals Spa Dealer in Phoenix AZ personally I would not by from him. What I am trying to say is that Cal Spas makes a sturdy product with full coverage therapy and a great warranty. Hotspring also makes a great product with exceptional warranty.You are dealing with biased people on this site. Poolandspa.com rate them both BEST OF CLASS. I do know that it really depends on the dealer wether or not you are a happy customer or not! HotSpring has pockets of bad dealers as well as Cal Spas does.

Now The simple hard facts are that you do get MORE for your money Therapy and construction wise on the Cal Spas not because it is built inferior but because of profit margins who can explian the nearly $3000 price difference between the two? as far as energy efficiency goes I would like to see the magic componants that HotSpring has that Cal Spas does not! My answer is you decide based on research of therapy,comfort (wettest) reliability of your local dealer and cost. You will buy the tub that fits you the best without the aid of salespeople on this site. You are welcome to contact me directly with any Questions I will of course need to know what part of the country you live in ( perhaps the moderator can help me with that)

Gool Luck!-SpaMan~

ebirrane:

--- Quote ---
let me start by stating that I work for one of the largest spa (if not the largest spa dealers in the world) we sell exclusively Cal Spas.

--- End quote ---

This was brought up before, and I have an honest question: Watkins (makers of hot springs, caldera, tiger river) is the largest spa manufacturer in the world.  I believe Chas has said something to the effect of Hot Springs is the most sold tub in the world.

Are you actually saying Cal Spas is the most sold tub in the world?  

Now, I have no way of know if you are the largest spa dealer in the entire world ??? but I'm pretty confident Cal Spas ain't the biggest gorilla in town.

The reason the number of tubs is important is to then look at % of customer dissastifaction. 12 angry people ain't much if the company makes 200,000 tubs a year.  It's a heck of a lot more if the company only manufactures 50,000 tubs a year!

--- Quote ---The 6 positive posts reflected in Ebiranes post were NOT bogus as I will hapilly refer all Phone numbers and adresses to the moderator.

--- End quote ---

I don't doubt that you asked people to post reviews on this site to increase cal spa's review ratings.  

I was referring to the reviews which *were* removed by the moderator as being out-and-out bogus.  Asking real owners who are happy with their tubs to post a good rating is a much better strategy.  In fact, I love my HS and never posted a review of it here.  I think I will do so!

--- Quote ---
I understand Cal Spas does not pay for advertising here so why should we be alllowed to promote our product positively?

--- End quote ---

I can't address a conspiracy theory.

--- Quote ---There are 100's of thousands of Cal Spas out in the world and here you find maybe 4 people with bad experiences with primarily their local dealer.

--- End quote ---

Then 150% of people with bad experiences have all communcally flocked to this board, and post under assumed names on other boards. 8)

Dino and yorag are the most verbal, but aren't the only ones. I suggest using the search feature. It was enlightening for me.

A search of ripoffreports for "cal spa" showed 22 entries:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q2=&q3=&q4=&q5=cal+spa&q6=&q7=&SearchType=0&Entry=16&DateRange=6&hasPhoto=

A search for "watkins" produced 1 result (related to the spa company and not someone named "watkins")

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff80273.htm

--- Quote ---
Poolandspa.com rate them both BEST OF CLASS.

--- End quote ---

And you accuse *this* site of favoritism based on paid advertisements.  It's been discussed to death here (before you were a regular member, I think) that the pool and spa forums are complete based on advertising revenue.  *That's* a conspiracy theory I can easily believe from just having perused the ratings and watching them fluctuate over time...

I didn't mean to really beat up on Cal Spas, I would not own one, but you have every right to make a living.

Do your selling thing! It's nice to see cal spas really trying to regain some reputation, and good luck! The world could always use another well manufactured spa type. Just be careful with the hyperbole: you are the largest dealer in the world, and cal spas has only 4 people disastified with its product.  I believe neither.

-Ed

spaman--:
Well I see that you contradict yourself in saying dissatisfied customers based on percentage to spas sold! I also know that the rip-report further proves my theories as to how a dealer can screw up a deal as if you look all have been answered by the factory as soon as it was discovered.Everyone of those people on that site had an issue with a dealer, I never disputed that! If I go to Northern AZ I can find over 100 disatisfied consumers why? because the HotSpring Dealer screwed them! So neither argument put forth really talks about what the factory is actually doing. As I remember not toolong ago Hotspring had its drain hose problem and this is never mentioned on this site even though there were 100's of customers who complained! I now go to the simple fact as In Colorado and Minnesota we sell far more tubs than HotSpring< does that make them better? No it means we have a dealer who has made a difference in these two states to become the largest Spa DEALER in the world! HotSpring is a top Quality spa I said that. You were spoutin that they were more energy eficient and other facts you cant prove and you failed to answer the question as to what componants make it worth $3 K more?We offer alot in Cal Spas that arent even close to being matched in the HotSpring. The Reviews you speak of being "bogus" were removed and weere totally legite and have all the info to give to the moderater ( should he so desire to prove)I have a customer who works here in the building and I watched him post a positive review and it was deleted. So yea I call Bu(( SH^#!

mxw128:
 I shopped both brands (and several others) and I would highly recommend wet testing.  The wet test may help decide for you.  I ended up with the HS (I got the Vanguard).  Personnaly it fit both me and my wife better (was more comfortable to us) and the sales folks were lower pressure.  Our Calspa delaer had the used car salesman approach (not to knock used car salesmen!... ;) )

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version