General > Beating a dead horse

Hot Springs Vista Vs. CalSpa Atlantic CA51

<< < (3/6) > >>

Yorag:
My issues with Cal Spa go beyond the disservice I received from the dealer who went "belly up" before my warranty had expired. The dealer blatantly misrepresented the spa I purchased on the paperwork. Since the dealer was no longer in business, I was forced to deal directly with Cal Spa in So. Calif.

The CSR's there repeatedly attempted to invalidate my warranty over the phone by insinuating that I mistreated the spa, overheated it or exposed it to the sun excessively. All this without ever having seen it. At one point they suggested that I send the spa to them for evaluation at my expense. I found the CSR's to be rude, uneducated and extremely unprofessional. The turnover of personnel at Cal Spa seemed to be ongoing as well.

Every dealing I have had with Cal Spa directly has been horrendous. Whether it's something as simple as ordering parts or trying to obtain legitimate warranty repairs.
In my personal opinion, I just don't think Cal Spa builds a spa with longevity in mind. They use lower priced components which seem to fail quickly and they seem to be totally into the image. They spend a lot on fancy ads. and spas with TV's, stereos, etc., and seem to get a lot of publicity on some of the home improvement programs by donating things.

Bottom line is, if I were in the market to purchase a new spa, it definitely would not be a Cal Spa.

spaman--:
Bootom line is you were offered satisfaction and if you rufuse it thats your problem! The componantsthey use ar "TOP OF THE LINE" you have no clue what goes into a Cal Spa again your problem began with a bad dealer and that is sad , but the factory tried to help you even after the warranty has ran out , and I believe they even took care of your spa if I remember right! So wine all you want the factory took care of their responsibility!

Chris_H:

--- Quote ---Bottom line is you were offered satisfaction and if you refuse it that’s your problem! The components they use are "TOP OF THE LINE" you have no clue what goes into a Cal Spa again your problem began with a bad dealer and that is sad , but the factory tried to help you even after the warranty has ran out , and I believe they even took care of your spa if I remember right! So wine all you want the factory took care of their responsibility!

--- End quote ---

Yorag’s problem is not an isolated incident and the regulars know this is not an isolated incident.  Cal has an extremely poor reputation and it was not just caused by poor dealers.  I believe the manufacturer has a lot to do with their poor reputation.

Hotspring’s reputation really is second to none is customer satisfaction.  

I had an additional two paragraphs typed out about my local Cal dealer, but decided not to write about my experience ‘shopping’ for a Cal Spa if anyone wants to know my experience feel free to PM me.

wmccall:

--- Quote ---Greg,

" Know that reviews are baught and paid for.
--- End quote ---

You know that is a load of crap.  You also know that lately I have been doing most of the moderation here and you should know I have no bias for or against Cal.  You also know that I don't look through the reviews unless I get a complaint or stumble across something.  Most of the reviews deleted were blatently bogus or the cases you felt obligated to argue with people in the review section.

Recenty I deleted a bunch that, this time, appeared not all to come from the same IP addresses in Colorado (4 at one time) but had bogus email addresses. (You did't tell me you were contacting people to fluff up the ratings. Most people would not blame me for being suspicious of the Cal reviews, especially when they show up at 10x the frequency we normally see.  You remember in the discussion that deleting them because they used a bogus email address may not be a good enough reason to delete, so I'll apologize for that one instance.

All that said, I still get annoyed at your less than mature actions in this regard and remind you criticizing the administration of this forum is against the user agreement you agreed to.  I will apologize again if you don't like the way I've done things, and remind you the little X at the top right of your browser will clear up the problem.[

Spatech_tuo:

--- Quote --- I will apologize again if you don't like the way I've done things, and remind you the little X at the top right of your browser will clear up the problem.[
--- End quote ---

I tried that but it only closed my window!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version