What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NHL Playoffs  (Read 8356 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
NHL Playoffs
« on: March 27, 2009, 08:52:29 am »
Does a soak feel better after coming home from an NHL playoff game?  Looks like I'm going to find out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

NHL Playoffs
« on: March 27, 2009, 08:52:29 am »

TubsAndCues

Re: NHL Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 01:24:03 pm »
Looks like you and I will have to compare.  I'll be at the first game of the first round in Detroit.  Oh, one more firsts:  I'll be on the glass - FIRST ROW BABY!

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 05:20:45 pm »
Tubs and cues

Where are you from?  I'll be at that game also

[size=48]GO WINGS[/size]
Bullfrog 451

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 08:52:44 pm »
I was feeling better about this when I started the thread, I hope the jackets don't screw it up.  Saturday night could close the deal.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TubsAndCues

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 08:00:26 pm »
I'm from Grand Rapids, but I'm making the hike to the Joe to see the boys in action.

I've also got season tickets for the Grand Rapids Griffins, so it's always bittersweet at this time of year for us.  All of our best players get sent up to Detroit, but if it brings Lord Stanley back to the D, then I'm all for it.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 09:28:19 am »
Flyers haven't been playing all that well down the stretch.  The Pens, in contrast, have been lighting it up.  Not the best first round match-up for the orange 'n black.  But I still gotta believe...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 12:11:06 pm »
I'm from Grand Rapids, but I'm making the hike to the Joe to see the boys in action.

I've also got season tickets for the Grand Rapids Griffins, so it's always bittersweet at this time of year for us.  All of our best players get sent up to Detroit, but if it brings Lord Stanley back to the D, then I'm all for it.

Its a shame the Jackets had to stumble the last week of the season and end up playing the Wings the first round. I would have felt better playing the Canuks.   We are 3-3 against the Red Wings this season but I think one came when the RW were down two starters and two came after they had locked up the playoffs. I hear tickets are still available for the Joe.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 12:52:08 pm »
As long as we're talking NHL playoffs, I'll make my 1st round predictions.

Boston
Washington
New Jersey
Philadelphia
San Jose
Detroit
St. Louis
Chicago

TubsAndCues

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 02:39:12 pm »

We are 3-3 against the Red Wings this season

3-2-1 if you ask us!  

Can't wait for tomorrow!!!  If any of you are watching, I'll be on the glass at the goal the Wings defend in the 1st and 3rd periods, right by the Michigan Lottery ad on the boards.

I'm going to record it, so I'll let you all know after I watch it if I'm visible on TV.

In Canada eh

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 09:52:56 pm »

All of our best players get sent up to Detroit, but if it brings Lord Stanley back to the D, then I'm all for it.

Hey T&C,

I'm right across the creek in Windsor.

I can understand your disappointment about the late call ups stripping the Griffon's of talent.  I understand they called Helm and Lieno up today for the playoffs.

Anyhow its nice to see another Wing fan around here

[size=20]GO WINGS[/size]

Sorry Bill
Bullfrog 451

TubsAndCues

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 12:56:29 pm »
What a game last night!!!  

I'm completely drained of energy, my voice is shot from screaming my lungs out, and I'm totally deprived of sleep, but I would do that again in a heart beat!

Nice to see one of my Griffins getting a goal last night - Ericsson, that is.  And Helm did a great job as well.

Leino got sent back down, so at least we'll have him for the first round of our playoffs that starts tonight in Hamilton.

How fantastic would it be if both organizations could bring their respective cups home?

And Bill, just so you know, I actually had the pleasure of hanging out with a number of Blue Jackets fans before the game.  Those guys were a lot of fun, great attitudes and fantastic in their sportsmanship.  Of course there was some ribbing going on, but my buddy and I hung out with them for a couple hours before the game.

We just happened to go to the bar where about 75 Columbus fans were meeting!

Anyway, congrats on making it to your first playoffs!

TubsAndCues

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 01:11:23 pm »
Oh, and Bill, the soak was EXACTLY what I needed after getting home at 12:30!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 04:48:05 pm »
Oh, and Bill, the soak was EXACTLY what I needed after getting home at 12:30!

No doubt.  At least we did have one world champion this year, to bad it was in a sport ony enjoyed by European Hooligans.

TubsAndCues

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 09:59:40 pm »
Sorry for your loss, Bill.  If Columbus would have played like that the whole series, this may have been a much different turn out.

In the mean time, GO RED WINGS!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 06:59:26 am »
Sorry for your loss, Bill.  If Columbus would have played like that the whole series, this may have been a much different turn out.

In the mean time, GO RED WINGS!!!

I'm happy we had a great season and look forward to the next one.  Its easier to get through the winters now that we have Hockey.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 06:59:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42