Brand Specific Forums > Marquis Hot Tubs

First Hot Tub (Marquis Reward 2006)

<< < (2/3) > >>

rick_in_cleveland:
Marguis is a top tier brand.  I have a 2006 Reward and I'm thrilled with it.  I think I would fill the tub, maybe add some chlorine, for sure  add some Swirl Away, let it do its thing.  Empty and refill.  Have fun

SurgTec:
I have a 5 year old Marquis Quest - they are very good, reliable hot tubs.  I use the 'frog' Bromine and Mineral cartridges - the in-line holder built into the shell (top loaded).  Since you are buying a 'used' tub and don't know how well it has been maintained -I agree that a fill / shock / swirl away (pipe cleaning solution) and drain is a good idea.  Refill with fresh water, add a start-up shock treatment and you are in business!  I don't add my cartridges to the 'feeder' until the spa reaches temperature.  Another suggestion - any bathing suits that are going to be used in the spa need to be well rinsed out in clear water before going in the spa - most have detergents in them that will make your spa water foam up.  Same deal for 'bathers' - they need to wash off sun tan oil, make up, shampoo, lotions, etc...  All that 'gunk' will cloud up your water in a hurry. 

nj:
Hello all. Spa was delivered yesterday. Electrical being hooked up today. Some depressing news and a prime example of buyer beware on Craig's List. When I got the spa home and exposed the pumps/control panel, I wrote down the serial number and emailed it to Marquis so I could get the right owner's manual. All of the pics on the site of older (05, 06, etc) spas didn't quite look like mine. Mine is not an 0-anything. It is a 99 spa, sold to me as "a 5-year old spa".   :-[ I contacted the seller and he said, well I bought it form East Coast Leisure in 05--I have no I idea when it was built".

Not sure how to proceed. Everything was working at his house. I will know later today if everything is functional at my home. Kinda disappointed that I just dropped 2 grand on a 12 year old tub...but don't want to go through the hassle of trying to return the tub and get my money back.

I really hope I can get a few years out of it and if we use it and enjoy it, then spend the money on a new premium tub in the future.

Spatech_tuo:
Its certainly a cautionary tale. In retrospect you should have written those serial numbers down and checked before you bought but at this point your best bet may be to see if its operating well and if not plan to return it to him and tell him you want your money back or its small claims court. That seller may not have known exactly what year it was when he sold it to you BUT if he says he bought it in '05 he certainly knew it was used when he bought it so he certainly was lying though his teeth when he told you it was 6 years old since he bought it used 6 years ago.

Criaiglist is always a crapshoot.

nj:
An update on my saga.  Well we had our contractor wire up the electrical for the hot tub, and somehow he managed to "confuse" the wires and put a hot where the neutral should be, so needless to say the tub didnt work. I was afraid he had fried the board, but basically just a fuse blown. Unfortunately, it was the soldered-on type fuse, so another complication. He was able to replace it and solder on another fuse and now the tub is up and running.

Everything seems to be working with the exception of 2 jets. These are not part of the same area, so not sure whats going on. Any suggestions would be helpful. Both pumps working fine, controls working fine, heater working well. No leaks. So all in all after some unexpected surprises and an incompetent electrician, we are good to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version