What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Tub Cracked :(  (Read 3440 times)

passmaster16

New Tub Cracked :(
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:05:25 am »
I was excited to get my brand new Caldera Palatino delivered today, when I got a call from the dealer telling me they cracked the cabinet when loading it on the truck for delivery.  I asked how they did that and the manager said they didn't have it strapped properly on the spa dolley.  These guys have been in business 30 years so it's not like I'm dealing with an upstart company.

So now I'm not sure what to do.  I already asked the manager for compensation and he agreed to drop $150 I paid for the cover lifter but is that enough?  I asked if there is any damage or hairline cracks to the shell or frame and he says no.  But how do I really know?  I told them that I will be visually inspecting it upon delivery but I'm no spa expert.  My concern is that I don't know the internal damage that may have occurred.  He said that it will take 10 days to get a replacement panel from Caldera.  For the experts out there, whats the chances of there being substantial damage from something like this?  Also, if they do replace the panel, would it be noticeable that it was replaced.  When you face the front of the spa, the crack is at the left corner.

Hot Tub Forum

New Tub Cracked :(
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:05:25 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: New Tub Cracked :(
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 12:32:03 pm »
Replacing a panel should be simple and unnoticeable. Had the spa been a few years old you'd be able to tell due to sun fading of the old panels so the new one might be a differnet shade of color. The cracking of the panel should not affect anything else. The thing I’d check, not knowing exactly what happened, did it also chip the edge of the shell where it meets that panel causing cosmetic damage. If that is fine you should be good, otherwise take it back.  Inspect closely when you receive it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:35:09 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 02:57:06 pm »
it should be a simple fix of the external panel, Unfortunately could have made the strap too tight,  , we have had that happen, when you have a heavy item to move , accidents can happen, it probably didn't do any structure damage, i would check it out, but i don't think is a big deal....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

passmaster16

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 01:19:34 pm »
Thanks guys.  I did check it out closer while I was hooking it up.  I could not see any visible damage to the frame or the shell.  It's up and running right now and I don't see any leaks.  Everything is working properly.  They are going to replace all the panels that cracked, 3 in total.  Like you said things happen, just hate when they happen to me  :D.  I was happy that they did refund the price of the cover lifter for my trouble.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 09:59:38 am »
So they are replacing the panels (that's not cheap for them) AND giving you the lifter for free?

I'd say they did right by you. Good job!  :)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 09:59:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42