What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog Bacteria problem  (Read 5457 times)

joemccartney722

Bullfrog Bacteria problem
« on: June 20, 2011, 07:31:49 pm »
I am looking at the bullfrog line of hot tubs and have heard that the tub has some issues with bacteria forming in the area behind the jet packs.  Anyone who owns a bullfrog spa I would be curious if you have experience this issue? 

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog Bacteria problem
« on: June 20, 2011, 07:31:49 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Bullfrog Bacteria problem
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 03:45:58 am »
Would I be correct that this "rumor" you've heard comes from salesmen selling a different, competing brand?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 07:04:33 am »
Once a year, I pull all the pillows and headrests out of my tub and give it a thorough cleaning. I suspect if I didn't bacteria may grow there.  I'm good enough at keeping my water clean that once a year is enough for a 100% clean up.   I suspect if I owned one of these tubs, I might do the same with these packs.  I'm just guessing, I've never seen one other than pictures. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

joemccartney722

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 07:14:42 am »
Dr Spa,

You are correct that a competing dealership is initially how I found out about  this but I did find this article on the web http://www.ehow.co.uk/info_8577824_problems-bullfrog-spas.html.   

I did like the bullfrog tubs however,  when my wife heard bacteria build up she wanted nothing to do with this brand. I am curious how much of an issue it really is and would be interested in what any service techs or owners of BullFrog spa's experience regarding this issue.

Joe

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 07:14:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42