What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Possibly Failing Circ Pump on my Vanguard  (Read 3553 times)

ddb

Possibly Failing Circ Pump on my Vanguard
« on: June 12, 2011, 05:30:11 pm »
I am seeing a possible problem with the circulation pump on my Hot Spring Vanguard, purchased  November of 2006. (I believe its a 2005 model but not sure).  The circ pump has been replaced once (around 2 years ago).

I began noticing more "grit" in the bottom of the tub that didn't seem to be getting picked up in the normal daily circulation.  Lately, when I run the main pumps for a while, then shut them off, the circ pump seems to lose "prime", stops pumping (ie no bubbles coming out, heater light flashing) , and you can hear it trying to reset.  It has taken up to 5 or 6 times that I can count to reset.  Occasionally it will trip the 20 AMP breaker but this is only about 10% of the time.

The last water change, after the tub was filled and turned back on, it showed this same behavior, as I could hear the circ pump stopping and restarting until bubbles finally flowed and the lights quit flashing.  Last, when I turn on the water feature, the bubbles coming up from the heater vent are greatly reduced, and when I shut off the water feature they increase again to normal.

Are these symptoms of a circ pump ready to fail or down on performance?  I've put in freshly cleaned filters which didn't seem to make a difference, not sure else what to check so I thought I would check with experts before calling for the repair man.

Thanks for any direction you can provide.

Hot Tub Forum

Possibly Failing Circ Pump on my Vanguard
« on: June 12, 2011, 05:30:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42