What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Mirage info wanted  (Read 11682 times)

dodgyswa

Marquis Mirage info wanted
« on: June 03, 2011, 11:51:23 pm »
Hello, long time lurker here.. 1st time post.... Currently an owner of a low end starter tub (Viking Supreme), which has worked well for me for 5 years, except the energy costs. live in upstate NY and would have loved to keep the tub open year round, but the electric bills would have been off the wall during the winter months!... Anyway, looking to replace my tub within the next year and am pretty much set on the Marquis Mirage. Any owners on this forum? Looking for pros/cons on this tub. Puchase price? and most importantly, is this tub energy effeciant in cold weather climates?. any info is much appreciated!. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Mirage info wanted
« on: June 03, 2011, 11:51:23 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Marquis Mirage info wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 11:51:17 pm »
Being from Upstsate NY originally (Utica) I agree you want something for year round because winter time is great for hot tubbing but it needs to be very well insulated for sure. I didn't know Marquis had a presence in Upstate NY but it should be a definite upgrade over what you had.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dodgyswa

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 11:33:31 pm »
thanks for the reply!..... anyone have any info on the Mirage or on Marquis in general?... approx price?... energy costs?.. Thanks

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 12:51:04 pm »
The MArquis Mirage is a nice smaller tub. energy cost probably 20-30 dollars a month on the average, i like the spa i am not a fan of the vortex skimmer system, water already creates a vortex when getting sucked into the filter, all your junk will get stuck on the fins.... otherwise a nice tub,,check into the complete cost of the spa frog for the year if you use it every day...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Jet Sitter

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:45:10 pm »
dodgyswa - I am not a Marquis owner but I think that they make great tubs and that the Mirage would serve you well.

colo_artist

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 12:35:32 am »
The MArquis Mirage is a nice smaller tub. energy cost probably 20-30 dollars a month on the average, i like the spa i am not a fan of the vortex skimmer system, water already creates a vortex when getting sucked into the filter, all your junk will get stuck on the fins.... otherwise a nice tub,,check into the complete cost of the spa frog for the year if you use it every day...

Although ejf is truly da spa guy, and knows far more about spas than I ever will, I'll add my 2 cents.

Over the past 15 years or so I've owned two spas, my newest one a Marquis Wish. There might be better skimmer systems, but the one on the Wish has worked exceptionally well for me. True the water might already be spinning, so the blades might not be needed, but they don't hurt anything either.

The blades are nearly 2" apart, so it's hard for me to imagine what would be in the spa that's going to get caught in them...there's certainly no junk in my spa floating around quite that big anyways. I've had the Wish about 3 months now and I'd say the blades as well as the rest of the spa is spotless.

It came with the Frog system built in. Again, there might be better systems/programs for doing the chemicals, but I decided to give it a try for 1 year and see how it does. So far no problems whatsoever. My cost for cartridges was $165 for a years supply...one bromine a month and one mineral every 3 months. That's $13.75 a month. True, that can add up but I figure 45 cents a day isn't gonna break the bank. It certainly is convenient.

For efficiency I don't really know. Our house has always had a spa, and we use it year round, so it's hard to know what the extra cost is to run the spa. I do know our utilities bills are lower than at this time last year. It might be the warmer weather, but I think it's probably due to having a newer, more efficient spa.

Ejf's estimate of $20-$30 sounds about right, but of course it depends on what the rates are in your area. Marquis rates the Mirage at $13.75 a month as an average cost...
http://www.marquisspas.com/pressroom/documents/current/energywizards/Mirage240EW.pdf

Here's a pic of my Wish. You can see how far apart the blades are...

FYI...your tastes might be different, but I like the light shell color. The Silver Swirl has a bit of gray in it so the shell doesn't look Frigidare refrigerator white, but still shows off the aqua color of the water...

We also opted for the optional "Constellation" LED lighting. It looks good with the lighter shell too...

Best of luck with the search. ;D

dodgyswa

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 11:04:08 am »
Hey folks... Thanks for the info. does anyone have any idea the approx going price for the Mirage?. I stopped by the local dealer and just got some very basic info. I was quoted a price of $6500.00, but have no idea what that includes. I originally was looking to puchase next year, but if the deal was good, would bite now. My current tub is working fine now, but the motor/pump is getting very loud, so don't know if I might have a problem in the near future. plus I'm soon going to need a new cover. I would prefer to not put money into the current tub, and just make the leap now if the deal was good. Thanks

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 12:19:47 pm »
not to sure if in line or high, , but when they quoted the prices, did they not write down what it comes with, usually the cover comes standard form the factory, some dealers throw in( build in ) the ozone, lifter , steps, chemicals and delivery....You need to find out what it comes with,, if it is just delivery and the cover. you will find you will spend another 500-600 on the steps lifter, ozone, etc....that will also tell you if it is a great deal.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

dodgyswa

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 05:03:09 pm »
Thanks, Spa guy.... when I got the quote, I just happened to be in the area and stopped in just to look and get general info... wasn't planning on doing anything yet this year.. but am NOW leaning towards doing the purchase very soon.... was basically looking for a general price, so when I go back will have some info to start negotiating. also, does anyone know the difference between the regular Marquis models and the Marquis Everyday models... was also looking at the Everyday 435 online.... Thanks!

PJ

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 09:20:24 pm »
I've had a Marquis Destiny for 15 years.  I had a few repairs over the years such as replacing a couple of the jets and one pump, but otherwise it has always been dependable.  We live in Nebraska so the winters can be pretty rough and again no problems with the Marquis brand. 

This spring, it has developed some small leaks deep inside where the fittings were glued.  I am planning on trading it in on another one. 

dodgyswa

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 03:38:34 pm »
well.... I went and bit the bullet today.... was going to wait until next spring, but didn't want to put any more money into my current tub.... for the Marquis Mirage, was quoted $6500.00 which includes cover, lift, steps, delivery and set up, start-up chems, and removal of my old tub. HOPE this is a decent price!... The local dealer seemed GREAT. took all the time in the world to answer tons of questions, and NO PRESSURE to buy now. can't wait!!!...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 03:38:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42