What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi update  (Read 3050 times)

soaknit

Jacuzzi update
« on: May 16, 2011, 08:56:34 am »
It has been 5 months since we took delivery of our J-365. We have had absolutley NO problems with this tub. We love it!!! We are using the frog with chlorine and non-chlorine shock. We still have the original fill, and the water is still crystal clear. We have changed the frog after 4 months and clean the filters once a month. I guess I do not have to change the water until I can't balance or keep it clear? Utility bill went up about 25.00 and we hooked up 60 amp option. I highly recommend this tub!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi update
« on: May 16, 2011, 08:56:34 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Jacuzzi update
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:45:49 am »
Great news.  Thanks for reporting back.  Now, I think you really should obey Chas' law.  We may have not mentioned Chas' law named after the late Great Hot Springs salesman from California. The fact that  your water is clear is a testament to how well your doing, but water does get old and while clean, does fill with dissolved solids as a by product of the chemicals you have added.  Its not uncommon for newbies to have cloudy water after a few weeks, so you have done well, but this weekend, go ahead and change the water anyway.  But as your soaking with the jets on, notice how the water looks and then how it settles after you turn the jets on. Then take a look at it again when you change the water. When the water is clear as yours is, you don't notice the subtle change that clean fresh water makes.  I usually get 3-4 months out of mine.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 09:13:13 pm »
I typically go about 6 months between fills but the current water has been in my tub for about 9 months now due to other "distractions".  It's still clear and clean but I can tell that it is getting a build up of solids in it from the test kit results.  Maybe I'll get to it next week.  This week I have something more fun in mind...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 09:13:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42