Hot Tub Forum

« on: May 12, 2011, 07:21:42 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: holy wow--cover savers!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 09:11:09 pm »
I also purchased a cover saver when I had my old cover. It wasn't until you brought this up a while ago that I even remembered it. I didn't use it for long since the glue on the velcro pads that hook to the top of the cover wouldn't hold..Instead it made a gooey mess on my cover that I wasn't able to get off..I think the heat caused the adhesive to just melt off..

Sorry you had such a bad experience. There's nothing worse than lousy customer service... :-\
Support your dealer so they can support you!

knightcap

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 01:55:00 pm »
I've also had experience with cover savers: 1. same problem with melting glue, a sticky mess that would never come off.  On my new cover, I did not attach the velcro strips.  I just use the cover saver without the velcro.  2.  My staps have broken many times.  The vendor replaced them once, but they broke again.  My tub is on the south side of my house, full sun exposure, and the straps seem to dry out and rot, and then tear.  I replaced with straps from strapworks.com, which last a little longer, but also break.  Seems I replace them every 4-6 months or so.  My newest are "seat belt webbing" and its been a few months and they haven't broken yet.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 01:55:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42