What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coast Spas  (Read 94732 times)

spa goddess

Re: Coast Spas
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 06:12:09 pm »
Ok Spa Guy,  you want credentials.  I can understand that.  Our family business started 43 years ago with lawn and garden equipment and service.  We added on hot tubs around 25 years ago and fireplaces 18 years ago.  We are a A+ Better Business Bureau company.  We have our own service center for all our products as well as sales.  I have worked full time in the company for 31 years not counting the forced labor as a child. lol  I have worked spa showrooms and shows for others as well as ours.  I have represented the manufacturers at trade shows. 

We have sold D1, Cal, Mr. Spa (have you been in the industry long enough to remember those?), Nordic, Viking, Leisure Bay, Dreammaker, Freeflow, Hydropool, Dynasty, Coast, Jacuzzi, and I might have missed one or two.  We currently handle Coast (since 2000), Nordic (since 1998 or so), Leisure Bay/Dreammaker (since 2010), and Hydropool (since 2007).  We offer service to all our customers who ever purchased from us whether we still sell the brand or not.

1) I am willing to concede your numbers on some of the different spa companies out there as I'd much rather sell than spend the time to check & see if your figures are off or not.  However, for your information, Coast has 29 molds (by your count) but each mold is available in multiple series with distinctly different features.  Those add up to over 103 models.  Add in the choices in lighting, music, cabinets, insulation, color, and the possiblilities are staggering.   Wink, Wink......just want you to have your facts straight.

2) As for uniqueness, it is rare to see something very different.  Most is variations on what is already out there.  New and different is always, at the very least, interesting.  Which adds to excitement, which helps the entire industry.  There will always be customers for the tried and true.  But new inspires the industry to reach and improve instead of being old and stale.

3) No, all the pumps do not have to be on.  Just one, on low, pulling 1 amp.

4) Really!  Isn't it all mostly opinion?  I love the way the waterfall flows over my neck and shoulders!  Customers out there......PLEASE come in and try it!   Make up your own mind!

5) Most spas have high cool down seats.  Most don't have great lower back jets on  them.  And yes, most spas have various seat heights.  Is this even in question?

6) What happens in a traditional spa when 6 people climb in?  The water level goes up and sometimes even overflows.  The water level can change dramatically.  In the Cascade the water level does not change as the displaced water spills into the front area.  Although it is possible to add enough people to overflow the front!  Still, the water level is consistant!

7) Oh yeah.....

8)   :D

9)D1 Amore Bay is cute but back to that opinion thing!  I guess I just have a different WOW button.  ::)

As far as being a newcomer on the forum, it's true.  I am saving myself for retirement when I have the time to fill my many hours with this.  Our store is busy and so I check in once in a while but I save myself for the brands and subjects I actually know something about!  Don't really want to spend the time talking out my behind on stuff I don't.  But to each their own :-*

Don't you just hate it when "people up on here make statements that they cannot back up, they show up all of a sudden do a bunch of opinions.. then when they get called out they disappear"  Still here by the way!

One last thought, just because you have lots of time to play doesn't mean your opinions qualify higher on the fact meter HOWEVER sometimes you can hit the bell with greater frequency in the bs game.   RING!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 06:12:09 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 05:54:19 pm »
 You have been through a lot of brands in 25 years  :o

Jet Sitter

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 02:59:52 pm »
Well it is great to have two new first time posters come to the forum - especially good news for Coast since they seem to be fans/dealers.

SpaGoddess - why so many different brands?  Who's on deck?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 07:04:30 am »
All that said, welcome, I hope I didn't come across as Anti-Coast, I did say they make great looking tubs, probably as good as the tub I own. I just have always found that particular model ridiculous looking. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

footie

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 09:41:53 am »
Has anyone seen the Vanishing Edge Hot Tubs that Coast Spas are building ? Wow! I found them on facebook.....very cool.

I don't come here very often so sorry for being later to the party.

@concerned, I have one of the very spas you are so impressed with, mine is the Cascade II Niagara and I absolutely love it and would go as far as to say that all who have seen it and those who have had the pleasure to use it have also loved it. The greatest advantage for me and the reason I decided on this tub was the fact that the water level remained the same regardless of the number that occuppied the tub at any time as having a disabled son meant he couldn't easily raise himself as the water level increased as with normal tubs.

So far (touch wood) the tub has worked without a glitch and I am almost a year in. Things I have noticed in this year is that the filter stays very clean, possibly our own pre-wash routine before using the tub or the filtration system it employs, either way it's working.

I will say is that I don't think it's any better than some of the other great tub brands out that and by the same token I don't think it's any worse than those other great brands, it might have some unique features that will either appeal to you or not, this particular one of the negative edge did to me and was one of the reasons for the purchase, that and I really liked the dealer which is one thing you REALLY need to get right, the dealer (regardless of brand) needs to be good to have a wholly enjoyable ownership because without a good dealer to add their support when niggles do arise then this reflects on the brand as a whole. Thank goodness my dealer is first rate.

P.S.
Anything you would like to know about owning this tub and on it's feature please ask. I seldom have a full house in the tub but on the occasions I did it accommodated 6 people comfortably and 7 at a push which is still without using the cool off seat. As someone else said the negative edge seats aren't as good as the others but that still leaves 5 very good seats.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:46:19 am by footie »

footie

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 07:12:59 am »
One thing I forgot to mention in my last post. Because of the shape of these tubs the cover is more complicated than usual, my is in three sections instead of the usual two and though shaped to match the tubs leading edge it doesn't quite give as good a seal as a traditional tub would, that and it's sheer size which is not only it's length but the thickness that ranges from 3" up to 5" makes for heavy going when it comes to removing it.

Things that are great about the negative edge is sitting at night in darkness to only the sound of the water falling over the edge, very relaxing.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 10:48:06 am »
Because of the shape of these tubs the cover is more complicated than usual, my is in three sections instead of the usual two and though shaped to match the tubs leading edge it doesn't quite give as good a seal as a traditional tub would,

That would be a red flag for me. The extra seam and a less than good seal at the bartop are not good foer energy efficiency.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

footie

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 11:34:22 am »
Because of the shape of these tubs the cover is more complicated than usual, my is in three sections instead of the usual two and though shaped to match the tubs leading edge it doesn't quite give as good a seal as a traditional tub would,

That would be a red flag for me. The extra seam and a less than good seal at the bartop are not good foer energy efficiency.

Your opinion is logical, extra seal and the shape of the tub should lead to greater running costs but as I haven't had another tub before to compare against I don't know whether this is causing any really noticeable affects on inefficiency but I do know what extra it has added to my electricity bill and it seems to work out at approximately £1 - £1.50 per day depending on which quaterly bill I look at, this figure is slightly above that of the brother-in-law's bill for his HS Envoy but I do run my tub a little hot to begin with.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 01:07:13 pm »
Footie, Glad you are enjoying the tub,, I would say the operation cost would be in par with the other top brands...It is a different look and i agree there are consumers that will like the look  and some that do not... Like spatech said on the cover i would agree with , But also when it is time to replace will have a higher cost..for a 3 part cover. and also the dealer you buy from is also a big part of the enjoyment of the tub, for support down the road
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

footie

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 01:25:04 pm »
Footie, Glad you are enjoying the tub,, I would say the operation cost would be in par with the other top brands...It is a different look and i agree there are consumers that will like the look  and some that do not... Like spatech said on the cover i would agree with , But also when it is time to replace will have a higher cost..for a 3 part cover. and also the dealer you buy from is also a big part of the enjoyment of the tub, for support down the road

No doubt the cover will cost more, possibly as much as twice the price because of it's a unique shape. I just don't know whether the cover/shape of the tub is costing me that much more than normal but it doesn't look to be dramatically more than the brother-in-law's HS Envoy and I feel this is outweighed by it's unique features.

A tub is a lifestyle thing, so what price does one put on happiness?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:27:38 pm by footie »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 01:32:08 pm »
footie,
 well put.... :D :D :D
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 01:46:32 pm »

No doubt the cover will cost more, possibly as much as twice the price because of it's a unique shape. I just don't know whether the cover/shape of the tub is costing me that much more than normal but it doesn't look to be dramatically more than the brother-in-law's HS Envoy and I feel this is outweighed by it's unique features.

A tub is a lifestyle thing, so what price does one put on happiness?

I'm not saying "don't buy a hot tub because it cost money to operate it".

Its just a red flag to me if the cover does not seal well to the bartop because I know you want it to seal well and normally they do.

footie

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 02:50:48 pm »
Maybe I chose the wrong words saying it doesn't seal well, I don't think for the majority of the cover it is any worse at sealing than on a normal tub, only that it the very front at the negative edge end of the tub I don't think it's a 100% seal as you would get with a traditional tub.

Maybe the reason my bills don't appear to be that much worse than his Envoy is that the rest of the tub is possibly a little bit more efficient. Either way my bills are par for the course for a hot tub.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 05:04:45 pm »
It doesn't really surprise me the issue with the cover sealing on a non-continuous surface has come up. I’m not a fan of the way they drop the front bartop (only relative to sealing the cover) anymore than Jacuzzi’s couple models where they have that humped back. Any time you go with a non-continuous non-flat surface you run the risk of not sealing the cover as well as you do on a conventional flat surface not to mention it becomes a special cover that costs extra when it comes time to purchase a replacement (every 4 to 5 years or so) because it’s a more intricate cover and you may only be able to get it from the OEM.

footie

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 05:27:55 pm »
It is a OEM cover I have and I must add that the quality of the tub is also reflected in the quality of the cover, as I said it's up to 5" thick in places. If I had one complaint to make regarding the cover it's the catches, piss poor but this is probably true on every other, why are they so cheap and brittle.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 05:27:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42