What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coast Spas  (Read 94741 times)

concerned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Coast Spas
« on: May 10, 2011, 03:39:29 pm »
Has anyone seen the Vanishing Edge Hot Tubs that Coast Spas are building ? Wow! I found them on facebook.....very cool.

Hot Tub Forum

Coast Spas
« on: May 10, 2011, 03:39:29 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Coast Spas
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 04:01:26 pm »
We have made fun of them over several years here since I first saw them around 5 years ago.  My first impression was that these are 4 person spas taking up the room of a 6 person spa  ;) OTher than this one, Coast does make some good looking spas.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

concerned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:18:57 pm »
I see 2 different ones. why would you make fun of this? I also see it won awards....OK, thank you.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 06:07:30 pm »
*sniff* *sniff* *sniff*....smells like spam to me.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:44:43 am »
I am a Coast dealer and I have the Phantom (Cascade III) filled on my showroom.  The vanishing edge is cool and does add to the overall ambiance. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 07:43:34 am »
I am a Coast dealer and I have the Phantom (Cascade III) filled on my showroom.  The vanishing edge is cool and does add to the overall ambiance. 

I should look at more recent models if they are at III.  The first one I saw made me laugh for a week, and it still does when I look at it.  I think I have the photo somewhere to make sure we are talking about the same thing.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 02:34:30 pm »
OOH, the vanishing edge spa, really  it make look cool from the outside but , can you really see it work in the dark, also you lose a couple seats, for the dollar i think you can get more spa than that, Don't get me wrong it looks great and brings something different to the hot tubs,, awards it won, who gave them out? How about operation when it 10 degrees out and your in the tub and its running water over the side,, heating the water again , i Think it would cool down faster>>>just my opinion
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

concerned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 02:56:12 pm »
Thank you all for your opinions. I really am looking for someone who actually knows something about these, not comments about how some of you laughed at one or that the it looks cool from the outside as the actual view is from the inside. The one I like seats 8 and has a cover, it's 9 foot long.

thank you all I am satified with the comments. good luck in your selling....

castletonia

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 11:39:34 pm »
Concerned, what info exactly are you looking for?  The one that is 9' or close is the Niagara.  I have the Journey on my floor which is the same except without the vanishing edge so between that and my Phantom I should be able to answer any questions about the spa. 

elf The Spa Guy, it does look nice from the inside but you are correct in that you do lose seating compared to a spa of the same size without the vanishing edge.  The trough for the vanishing edge is heated just like the rest of the spa water so I don't believe it should cost more to operate in colder climates then a spa without it but I don't have feedback or data to back that up as I just recently brought this model in. 

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 02:05:40 pm »
Castletonia,
Thanks for the input, I assume it is heated with the flo thru heater, not a seperate heater in the trough.....does that water also go through a filter from the trough first before going into the pumps? just a question oi thought of. Thanks

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 04:35:12 pm »
Has anyone seen the Vanishing Edge Hot Tubs that Coast Spas are building ? Wow! I found them on facebook.....very cool.

When someone new comes here for their first post and has no question but simply wants to tell us how cool something looks I'm with Doc, that smells like Spam (which smells like a lot like Alpo).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 07:22:55 am »
Thank you all for your opinions. I really am looking for someone who actually knows something about these, not comments about how some of you laughed at one or that the it looks cool from the outside as the actual view is from the inside. The one I like seats 8 and has a cover, it's 9 foot long.

thank you all I am satified with the comments. good luck in your selling....

How did you know I am in sales?  Do you need any load cells or pressure sensors? I can help you out! Maybe a little skin thickener?

spa goddess

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 11:08:49 am »
I also am a Coast spa dealer as well as an owner.  While the Cascade series may not be for everyone (Coast offers more spa models than anyone I've ever found) it has some unique characteristics that you can't find anywhere else.

The Cascade series spa is perfect for the person who would like an unobstructed view.  Picture it overlooking a great view!

It is wonderful for people who would like to have not only a spa but also a water feature for the deck.  If you like the soothing sound of a waterfall you will love it.  If you have neck and shoulder issues the 2 foot waterfall is the best neck jet ever.  It does what you had hoped other neck jets would do.

It also gives you a high cool down seat with jets on your lower back and the waterfall keeps you from getting too cold while still allowing you to lower your core temp.  Heavenly for those of us over 50's with temp issues!!!

The spa will maintain your water level which I personally enjoy since I am on the short side.  This way I don't get too deep when more people get in the spa. 

The seat in front of the spillover is also a favorite.  Not only do you have great jet action but you also have the sensation of water flowing past you.  I have never felt that in a spa before and it is very desirable!

As usual, the problem with these forums is not really knowing who you are talking to.  True consumers trying to find out information should always remember that.  There are more sales people trying to slam the competition than you realize. 

So Concerned, I hope this answered some of your questions and inspires you to go see a Cascade in person.  It is a unique product.  (and let's not forget the " coolness factor")   

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 01:23:35 pm »
spa goddess,
 welcome to the forum.... we appreciate your opinions,,,,  but.....
your first comment that Coast offers more spa models than anyone you have found.
 How long have you been in the industry ?

1)Did you know
Coast       including the Tublicious and Wellness......29
Arctic        Including all lines except Apollo..............51
Cal Spas                        ................ Over 150 models
Catalina   Including all lines..................................27
Clearwater  not including private label lines...............27
Hot Springs not including all Watkins lines................8
Jacuzzi                                    .............................22
D1           including all lines....................................23
Sunbelt   included all lines...................over 50 models...
Sundance  included all lines....................................22

These are just a few... but with your statement is not correct

2) Unique characteristics, Your right the vanishing edge is unique, but remember all brands have soemthing unique to their lines that is part of what makes them different.

3) I agree it is a nice feature on a deck with water feature, Do all the jets need to be running for this to work....their are other brands who have great water features run only on a circ pump for instance D1 Bay series spas.
4) Best neck jet ever...hard to believe this, i believe it is your opinion, The " BEST" is hard to prove in any industry.
5)High cool down seat. Most brands have high cool down seats, most spa have multiple seat heights to suit must soakers.
6) The spa will maintian the water level,, am i missing something here. I thought all spas maintain the water level while it is running, i didn't think the water level chages that much unless you add water to the spa from use and evaporation.
7)the spillover jets, it probably is a neat feeling with the water passing you..

8)problem with the forum...i can't see it!!!!  People come on here all the time and tell how they have the best spas, what s wrong with that... ;D
    This is the problem i see, some of us on here have been on here a long time, there are some of us here are regulars and i believe we all do a great job helping everyone out. Then you have people that are brand new show up on here make statements that they cannot back up, when they feel their brand is being slammed, they show up all of a sudden do a bunch of opinions.. then when they get called out they disappear.  So i do not think many regulars slam but we do point out the b.s and the facts...

(9 Coolness factor.. sure it has that, But i will take the D1 Amore Bay over it for the WOW factor..

Again we all have different opinions, some of us love this industry if we did not we would not be on here or the other forums trying to help out anyone out there..... ;D ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 01:56:49 pm »
2) Unique characteristics, Your right the vanishing edge is unique, but remember all brands have soemthing unique to their lines that is part of what makes them different.

The Packard was unique; being unique doesn't necessarily mean people will care. Different for the sake of being different has little value to me; it’s all about what the spa shopper will like. Maybe this will be something that proves itself to be unique AND desired, time will tell.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 01:56:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42