What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2nd soak in my sister's vanguard  (Read 4316 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
2nd soak in my sister's vanguard
« on: April 23, 2011, 11:32:20 pm »
Very comfortable tub, love the jets, but its a bit cramped with 4 adults. Would be a great tub for my wife and I.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

2nd soak in my sister's vanguard
« on: April 23, 2011, 11:32:20 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: 2nd soak in my sister's vanguard
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:10:28 pm »
Very comfortable tub, love the jets, but its a bit cramped with 4 adults. Would be a great tub for my wife and I.

I always tell people to subtract 2 from the number of people a spas says it holds. Who wants to play footsie with their sister? Thats probably called a "6 person spa" but that doesn't work for me unless its my kids or I'm back in college.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 01:12:00 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:11:51 pm »
Just so you know -

The 'Aria' has the same footprint as the Vanguard, but has more powerful pumps, more jets in greater variety, and has a lounger. Costs more, of course.

If you enjoy a reclining seat in your tub, you should look at the Aria as well.

Also - the "Envoy" is similar - but it is a 7'5" x 7'9" rectangle.

These two spas are HotSpring doing the 'more power, more jets' approach. Ozone is standard, cover comes with it, most dealers include a full-service delivery, some will include a lifter and step on these higher-end units.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 09:13:17 pm »
It just struck me that you said you loved the jets. So don't mess with the Aria and Envoy - go look at the Grandee. No longer the most expensive tub we offer, it IS very much an enlarged Vanguard.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 07:41:59 am »
It just struck me that you said you loved the jets. So don't mess with the Aria and Envoy - go look at the Grandee. No longer the most expensive tub we offer, it IS very much an enlarged Vanguard.

Given now that its just my wife and I 99% of the time, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Vanguard for us. I would probably like the footwell about an inch deeper or so, but it was very comfortable when it was the two of us.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 07:41:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42