What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2006 Vanguard Heater Stopped Working  (Read 3625 times)

cburk0677

2006 Vanguard Heater Stopped Working
« on: April 19, 2011, 09:11:46 pm »
I went out to check the water on my 2006 Vanguard tonight and the water was only 85 degrees. I had the temp set at 99. I tried raising the temp to 104 on the control panel and did not hear the normal click that I do when the heater clicks on. The power light on the outside of the tub is solid red. All of the jets function just fine and the circulation pump is running with ozone bubbles just like normal. I shut off power to the tub for about a minute and then turned it back on. Everything but the heater is working fine. I have a call in to my local hotspring dealer but I was wondering if there is anything else I should check before they come out.
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

2006 Vanguard Heater Stopped Working
« on: April 19, 2011, 09:11:46 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: 2006 Vanguard Heater Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 11:28:35 am »
My guess would be the "Heater Relay Board."

If you want, you could open the front of the spa, then open the front of the "IQ-2020" and look at the smaller of the two circuit boards - specifically the one on the left to which the incoming power attaches.

If there are any signs of burning between the squarish relays, you know what the problem is.

Also, take your finger and wipe along the bottom interior of the IQ-2020 box. If there is a fine gray dust which your finger can pick up, you have confirmed the problem.

Depending upon your delivery date, this may still be under the five year warranty, assuming you are the first owner...
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: 2006 Vanguard Heater Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 11:28:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42