Brand Specific Forums > Marquis Hot Tubs

ice warning on marquis reward 2003

(1/2) > >>

oldiron:
Hi all We just purchased a Marquis reward hot tub after filling I turned on as per book and I get a ice indicator on the display panel and now the heat will not come on. Any ideas how to reset this book says to contact dealer? Thanks in advance.

Bonibelle:
 I also have a Marquis tub and I do remember getting that ice warning after a refill. I believe it is a protection thing..I called my dealer for you and the tech will get back to me. As soon as he does, I will post. I think that once the water reaches a certain temp, it will start up normally...just right now the water is way too cold.

Bonibelle:
My tech says leave things alone and once the water is above 55 degrees, the tub will run normally. So no worries, nothing is wrong..it is just a protection feature..good luck

colo_artist:
I just got a new Marquis. When I filled it up I got the ICE warning. I checked the manual and it says...

--- Quote ---FREEZE PROTECTION
When a freeze condition is detected (which occurs
when the temperature in the heater housing drops to
55°F, (13°C) the jet pump(s) is automatically activated.
In areas with extremely cold winter conditions, your
spa should be fine as long as it is left running at normal
operating temperatures.
--- End quote ---

Once the temp got over 55 the ICE warning went away. As best I can tell all an ICE detection does is to turn on the pumps. It doesn't prevent the heater from heating.

oldiron:
Thanks for all the help. What I came up with is yes the ice warning did go away but I found it was locked in sleep mode once I put it back into standard the heater came on and is working normal now. Guess I should read the book more ha ha.  Thanks again. Larry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version