What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: This website says its dangerous.  (Read 5695 times)

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
This website says its dangerous.
« on: January 13, 2009, 02:56:22 pm »
2008 HS Soverign

Hot Tub Forum

This website says its dangerous.
« on: January 13, 2009, 02:56:22 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: This website says its dangerous.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 03:23:07 pm »
It appears to be complaining about the google sponsored ads that come up at the left and top.  I hardly pay attention to them, but they are somewhat regional and you may not see the same ones as other people.  I'm at work here in Columbus, Ohio, but my internet is out of Phoenix so I see different ads than I see at home.   There should be no active content, which would make the site unsafe.  Any of our ads require you to click on them before anything happens.  What antivirus, or security suite are you running?

I just checked the specific ad you mentioned and they are indeed regional that come up if you are in the NY/CT area.  I see no active content that should be a real problem for you.  One of the advertisers there might be on someone's naughty list.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 03:25:28 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 06:07:52 pm »
I see it on one of the laptops I use.  It seems to be a very recent phenomenon.

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 09:23:39 pm »
It appears to be complaining about the google sponsored ads that come up at the left and top.  I hardly pay attention to them, but they are somewhat regional and you may not see the same ones as other people.  I'm at work here in Columbus, Ohio, but my internet is out of Phoenix so I see different ads than I see at home.   There should be no active content, which would make the site unsafe.  Any of our ads require you to click on them before anything happens.  What antivirus, or security suite are you running?

I just checked the specific ad you mentioned and they are indeed regional that come up if you are in the NY/CT area.  I see no active content that should be a real problem for you.  One of the advertisers there might be on someone's naughty list. [/quote]---
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in Southeast Michigan. I would have never guessed that it possibly could be a result of the google sponsored ads.    

I'm running:  Trend Micro PC -cillian internet security 2007. Its been great, it just is a pain in the rump sometimes..
Thanks for explaining this to me, now I at least know where to start in order to try and correct this.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 12:16:10 pm by wmccall »
2008 HS Soverign

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 09:29:09 pm »
I see it on one of the laptops I use.  It seems to be a very recent phenomenon.

Yes, I believe so too. When I first signed on this site a few weeks ago I didn't have any problems. It's not been but only the last few days it seems to pop up all the time.
2008 HS Soverign

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 03:15:56 pm »
FWIW, the laptop I see it on is running Trend Micro also.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 03:15:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42