What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ok, Now I'm Scared!  (Read 36615 times)

NewTubOwner

Ok, Now I'm Scared!
« on: March 09, 2011, 12:39:00 pm »
Ok, I Just Bought a Master Spa form a local dealer.  It is called a 7.2 Twilight. 
After reading some fourms on here, I'm ready to hit the panic button!

Is this tub really a bad product?  I did a lot of research between manufactures and it seemed like master was the Better in jets, horsepower, pumps, and overall quality.  Is this wrong?
Please help!

???

Hot Tub Forum

Ok, Now I'm Scared!
« on: March 09, 2011, 12:39:00 pm »

NewTubOwner

Re: Ok, Now I'm Scared!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 01:54:04 pm »
anyone gonna help me? pleeease

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 01:57:29 pm »
Ok, I Just Bought a Master Spa form a local dealer.  It is called a 7.2 Twilight.  
After reading some fourms on here, I'm ready to hit the panic button!

Is this tub really a bad product?  I did a lot of research between manufactures and it seemed like master was the Better in jets, horsepower, pumps, and overall quality.  Is this wrong?
Please help!

???

The jets and pumps should be fine and while the horsepower is most likely exaggerated by them and isn't "better" it will be fine. The quality may not be the best IMO and the manufacturer's business practices have been questioned forever but you bought from a local dealer who I assume you felt comfortable with and not from one of their shameful traveling shows so hopefully all will work out fine.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:59:14 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

NewTubOwner

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 02:03:51 pm »
what exactlly do you mean quality? and does this mean their product is not good just because the way they operate?

NewTubOwner

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 02:17:37 pm »
And also, i have the ability to change me choice from the 7.2 to the new twilight fit model.  i paid 7999 for the 7.2 and the fit is going to be around 19000.  i was scared because it is a new model and didin't really find and info about it.  any suggestions?

SpaGuy911

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 05:43:59 pm »
Relax. the master spa product is good. very good. i don't agree with how they approach sales, and other things, but the product is one of the best.
I work on all brand spas and actully think masters is a good product

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 07:13:35 pm »
funny har har..... :D really they actually went after Hot Springs with a Spoof.....

NewTubOwner

you should be fine with the spa unless you are know having second thoughts...... they build a decent brand, its like Spatech siad some of their business practices were not on par... I am surprised that you are on here now after you have bought and asking for opinions.....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 08:59:17 am »
Relax. the master spa product is good. very good. i don't agree with how they approach sales, and other things, but the product is one of the best.

you'd be better off peeing on yourself in the bath tub then buying a master
???

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 10:55:00 am »

you'd be better off peeing on yourself in the bath tub then buying a master
???

Seems like Charlie Sheen really did decide to start posting on this site.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:52:35 am by Spatech_tuo »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 03:40:56 pm »
Ask you dealer how long he has been selling Master spas.  If he has been selling them a long time and has no bad feelings toward the parent company then  you may be ok I liked a couple of them when I looked at them.  The dealer that sold them in our town had been selling them for many years, but dropped the line because of the corporate business practices.  I've heard that from a lot of former MS dealers.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 06:51:58 pm »
Spatech that was a good one.... looks like another Master spa guy on agenda...do you think he is going to stick around?
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

zulueta69

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 07:56:40 am »
Ok yeah just relax. The brand that you have is good. You can ask also your service provider if you have any concerns. Chill and enjoy....

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 10:34:45 pm »
MasterSpa is...OK but not a "premiere" spa if you ask the majority of dealers and knowledgable buyers.  However, at less than $8K, it is a decent price so you probably did "just fine".  There is NO WAY I would pay anything over $10K for a MasterSpa but like all dealers, they will take whatever $$$s you will throw their way.

The reasons I think the Master Spa is less than others is that they typically use "thermo pane" style insulation which is fine in warmer climates but can be a problem in cooler temps.  They also often have a lot of "gadgets" on them and in the past, Master Spa did not do much (if ANY) quality control on those "gadgets" and many of them failed at an alarming rate.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 01:40:12 pm »
The OP was posting from the Pittsburgh PA areabut listed their home as WASHINGTON, they haven't been back since March.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:41:50 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 02:25:06 pm »
The OP was posting from the Pittsburgh PA areabut listed their home as WASHINGTON, they haven't been back since March.

I was wondering why the post was being resurrected many months later.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 02:25:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42