What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Pressure Switch Part # needed...  (Read 6338 times)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Jacuzzi Pressure Switch Part # needed...
« on: January 08, 2011, 04:38:01 pm »
Guys & Gals,
As some of you may know from the other (older) thread, I am in the process of replacing the flow switch in my 2003 Jacuzzi J-370.  I am trying to find the right part # and there is a tag that was on the line to the switch itself but (of course) a portion of that part # is obscured so I can only make out some of it.

MODEL Q-12??10 (The second ? could be an S, a 3 or an 8) and here is what it looks like (Yes, I eventually broke off the wires after removing it about 5 times).

I suspect that this may be the correct one since SunDance and Jacuzzi are the same company.
http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Flow-Switch-Sundance-860-seriesBarbed--P9127C190.aspx?UserID=62406770&SessionID=VM6uadwgdekv9dQFLpmX

However, I'd prefer to simply replace the switch itself rather than the entire housing as I can do the plug/switch quickly with only a little water loss by replacing ONLY the switch itself.  If I have to replace the entire clear container, it will be a longer (and colder) job and may even require that I drain a lot of water before I could perform it.  Of course, I could probably simply pull the part out of the entire unit but I am hopeful that the switch itself might be cheaper than the switch " the (un-needed) clear housing (Maybe $25 buck instead of $50+shipping?)

The one here appears to be similar but you may have noticed that mine does NOT have the additional piece on the bottom of the stem so I suspect that the flow rating for this one may not work.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E0DW4G/ref=asc_df_B001E0DW4G1383013/?tag=becomcom00462-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B001E0DW4G&linkCode=asn

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:13:20 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Pressure Switch Part # needed...
« on: January 08, 2011, 04:38:01 pm »

RobertB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Jacuzzi Pressure Switch Part # needed...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 06:12:13 pm »
I am not sure if you can get just the switch. (I'll check monday)
I imagine the cost savings of only getting the switch will be very little. 
If not you can just use some vice grip pliers(just use a rag to keep the teeth from damaging the tubing) on both sides of the unit and replace the entire thing with very little water loss. I imagine the cost savings of only getting the switch will be very little.

Good Luck
RobertB

ndabunka

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 07:42:09 pm »
Thanks.  I've discovered that I can now once again run the tub with the wires left as an open circuit and it's heated up about 5 degrees in the past hour (from 52 to 57).  I am hopeful that is from the heater running but it may simply be from the pump motors.  I no longer get a FLO2 error but do now see a FLO error due to the open circuit.

RobertB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 10:43:34 pm »
Your heater should not be turning on with the open circuit. So I suspect the heating is from the motors. The Flo switch is a safety feature to keep the heater from coming on unless there is enough water flow by the heater to keep it from over heating. That is it's sole purpose.

If the heater came on while the water was not moving it would overheat rapidly and could cause the pvc pipe around the heater to melt and could crack the element as well.(although the hi limit sensor is supposed to keep that from happening). I have seen this happen.

I will let you know monday about the switch.

RobertB

ndabunka

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 10:50:10 am »
RobertB,
Of course you are correct.  I did confirm that although the HEAT symbol was showing up in the LED display, it was not running as the heat this morning remained @ 66 degrees.  So I have shut down the power again until I can get the correct part. 
Thanks for your help

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 12:33:00 pm »
 Part# 6560-860 should run you about 60 to 70 bucks, you have to buy the whole sensor/fitting pretty easy to change out.

ndabunka

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 04:06:00 pm »
Thanks for the assist guys.  I picked up a Sundance 860 switch (Part # Q12DSC2-SUN860) and installed it over the weekend.  I did have a what appears to have been a minor issue with the power which I "think" was related to the control panel.  I had left it off while working and although the power worked OK for a while, it appears to have tripped the GFCI after the initial run.  So, I was actually thinking that the new switch may have been set to a different trigger position and sent an anomalous message to the circuit board.  However, after I replaced the panel to close the circuit boards, everything has been fine and the tub is back in business at it's normal 102-degree temp

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 04:06:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42