What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moto-massage Issue - Jetsetter  (Read 6843 times)

Webini

Moto-massage Issue - Jetsetter
« on: December 08, 2010, 10:19:07 am »
I have a HS Jetsetter that is about 4 years old.  I changed the water a few days ago and when I got into the tub for the first time last night I noticed the Moto-massage was not working.  I have the diverters in the right place, it is just not working.

I'm assuming that something has come loose.  Is it possible to fix without draining the tub and refilling again?  Not only is it a PITA, but we have a well and I'm really not excited about drawing it down again.

If it is possible to fix with the tub filled (short of snorkeling), can someone point me in the direction of a diagram as to how the assembly works?

TIA

Hot Tub Forum

Moto-massage Issue - Jetsetter
« on: December 08, 2010, 10:19:07 am »

bikz

Re: Moto-massage Issue - Jetsetter
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:34:10 am »
Could it be an air lock? Very possible if you just refilled it.

Just a thought.
There are three kinds of men. Those who learn by reading. Those who learn by observation. And, those who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 11:07:27 am »
I have a HS Jetsetter that is about 4 years old.  I changed the water a few days ago and when I got into the tub for the first time last night I noticed the Moto-massage was not working.  I have the diverters in the right place, it is just not working.

I'm assuming that something has come loose.  Is it possible to fix without draining the tub and refilling again?  Not only is it a PITA, but we have a well and I'm really not excited about drawing it down again.

If it is possible to fix with the tub filled (short of snorkeling), can someone point me in the direction of a diagram as to how the assembly works?

TIA

You do not have to drain it to replace it if thats what you're asking. You just take off the plate (just need a screwdriver) and go from there. But first you need to be sure its not somehting else. I assume you're water flowing through it but its not moving. If thats the case are you sure the air is turned on for that seat because I know it doesn't move up and down without the air lever turned to the on position. If you have water flow and air going through it but its not moving then it sounds like it needs to be replaced (very simple to do) and seeing that its 4 years old (not really old but not new either) that would seem possible that it needs to be swapped out.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 11:36:28 am »
It has a 5 year warranty, just call the dealer and have them do it.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Webini

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 12:44:49 pm »
Thanks Term, I'll do just that.  For some reason I thought the warranty was 3 years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 01:13:16 pm »
Thanks Term, I'll do just that.  For some reason I thought the warranty was 3 years.

LOL, yeah his advise makes some sense if its under warranty still. You still need to be sure its not simply the air turned off before they come out though I'm sure they'll ask you some basic troubleshooting questions before they make the trip.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 01:13:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42