Brand Specific Forums > Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

Used 2007 Jacuzzi J-335 vs New 2010 Hot Spot Relay

(1/4) > >>

bdfailor:
I am a newbie to SPAs and am getting my deck built this month for it.  I went to Spa-Crafters (local Jacuzzi dealer here in San Antonio, TX). 

I have a couple of questions/concerns.

1.)  The salesmen has six used J-335's with radio from the local Grand Hyatt hotel that were left out in the sun without any care or circulation.  Some of them have a lot of damage.  The Salesman told me that they were going to replace everything and recondition all damage to make it "like new".  He was asking $7000 for them, and I told him I wouldn't pay more than $4000.  He finally came down to $6000 for the one in the worst condition.  He also will honor a 2 year warranty.  When I saw it, it was completely taken apart and looks like they have their work cut out for them.  Is this an outrageous thing to consider getting? 

2.)  I wet tested a J-400 series (not sure which) and a Hot Spot Relay (by Hot Springs).  It felt like the Hot Spot's Jets were very needle like and left my skin itchy, while the J-400 were much more smooth and deep feeling (also much more adjustable).  The little jets were not controllable and couldn't turn them off without turning off the whole section.  They were asking $5500 for the HS without the radio and said it was originally $7800.  What are your thoughts on Hot Spot Relay 2010?

3.)  In the Hot Spot Relay and J-400 there was a Lounge.  I seem to like the lounge but have read most people don't.  thoughts?

4.)  What is the best price I can get for a new 2010 J-335 or J-445 with/without stereo?  They are telling me the best they can do after a $500 dollar weekend sell + $500 dollar Home & Garden Show (with steps & cover) is $7600 for J-335 (without stereo) and $8600 with stereo.  Does this seem high?  Where can I get a better deal?

5.)  Any thing else I should consider?  I'm trying to find something that has Jets like Jacuzzi (bearing-less, full air introduction at the jet, and smooth/deep/non-itchy feeling) in a $5000 dollar range new?  Is it possible to find a J-335/J-345 for that?

ndabunka:
$6K is WAY, WAY too much for a used J-335.  Typically, used tubs sell for about 50% of what they did new and since the J-335 was one of the smaller tubs in '07, it sold for around $7K BRAND NEW so a "reasonable" price would probably be more like $3,500 for one that was in EXCELLENT condition.  Check your local newspapers to see what your options are.

bdfailor:
How about the new prices?  Do you recommend buying one from a private party instead of an official Jacuzzi dealer (that can warranty/service the tub)?

Vanguard:
I know that market pretty well.  I have to suggest you go see the folks at Sweetwater Hot Tubs.  They are great people and are great dealers.  They sell Caldera, which is the sister brand to Hot Spring.  They will treat with very fair. 

Their website is www.sweetwaterhottubz.com

bdfailor:
Thanks, I will go check it out tomorrow.

Any other suggestions?  Would I be crazy to pay $8600 for a new J-335 with stereo?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version