What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: So it's time to start talking football..right???  (Read 15989 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
So it's time to start talking football..right???
« on: September 12, 2010, 09:05:46 pm »
I was really DONE with football after the Eagles signed Michael Vick >:(..but I am thinking the Redskins don't look so bad...McNab looks better in Red too!!  ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

So it's time to start talking football..right???
« on: September 12, 2010, 09:05:46 pm »

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Re: So it's time to start talking football..right???
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:30:53 am »
As much as I enjoyed the Redskins beating the Cowboys on Sunday night, it just seemed strange seeing McNabb in another uniform.  Lost some weight.  Either that, or red makes one thinner looking.  Donovan didn't look all that good though.  His completion percentage was less than 50% and his offense only scored 6 points.  Pretty much what he did in his past two games as an Eagle against the Cowboys.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:51:53 am »
I just need a team to have some sort of passion about..I will never feel the same about the Eagles and will never buy anything Eagle related. I am having a hard time telling my parrot that though..She is still singing the Eagles Fight song.  :-\
I don't care at all for McNabb, he just happens to be there and I don't expect any more from him than he did in PHilly...but I detest Michael Vick >:( and what he stands for...No one else would have a job paying millions after what he did..and NO I don't think doing jail time means that he paid his dues. He should be treated the same way any NON athlete would be. I would love to see his resume fly anywhere but the NFL..so at this point when I see the Eagles, (my husband is still a fan), I only wish them ill..that's no way to enjoy football.  :(..

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 12:02:07 pm »
As much as I enjoyed the Redskins beating the Cowboys on Sunday night, it just seemed strange seeing McNabb in another uniform.  Lost some weight.  Either that, or red makes one thinner looking.  Donovan didn't look all that good though.  His completion percentage was less than 50% and his offense only scored 6 points.  Pretty much what he did in his past two games as an Eagle against the Cowboys.

Dallas defense is VERY good. Last year the Redskins barely got past midfield against the Cowboys on a Sunday/Monday night game so while McNabb's stats weren't great he made some key plays that they just weren't getting from their QB the last couple years. He was a big upgrade for the Skins and gives them hope.

BTW, he actually has lost a little weight as they reported pregame and looked great on one big scramble that got them key yards early. I'm not knocking Philly for moving him; it was time for both sides to move on, simple as that IMO. Moving him within the division may trouble their fans down the line more than anything and you often miss what you no longer have more than you appreciate it when you have it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 09:23:24 pm »
I also have to admit that I like hearing the Westbrook name...in a different position..a different Westbrook but all the same it sounds good!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 05:21:54 pm »
but I detest Michael Vick >:( and what he stands for...No one else would have a job paying millions after what he did..and NO I don't think doing jail time means that he paid his dues. He should be treated the same way any NON athlete would be. I would love to see his resume fly anywhere but the NFL..so at this point when I see the Eagles, (my husband is still a fan), I only wish them ill..that's no way to enjoy football.  :(..

We probably beat this to death a year ago when the Eagles first signed Vick, but what exactly does he have to do to pay his dues?  He went to jail for two years.  Should it have been more?  I know PETA people want him dead, but that's kinda ridiculous.

The guy was an NFL player.  After serving his time, he deserved another shot at that career.  Anyone who did what he did would get another shot at their old career, don't you think?  Problem is that Vick is in the public eye.  The regular guy isn't and would be forgotten about.

And for the record, as I have always maintained, I wish the Eagles didn't sign him because I don't think he's a great QB.  Great athlete?  Yes.  Great QB?  No.  But maybe he'll have a better work ethic than he did in Atlanta and actually study the game rather than rely on his natural talent.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 11:18:25 pm »
I hear you Dax, but I don't believe that if he were in another profession that he would be reinstated and have his job back. I guess I am angry because the Eagles had no problem picking up that piece of trash, but let some real quality players go..haha I am still mad over Dawk..  >:(

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 11:10:36 am »
I hear you Dax, but I don't believe that if he were in another profession that he would be reinstated and have his job back. I guess I am angry because the Eagles had no problem picking up that piece of trash, but let some real quality players go..haha I am still mad over Dawk..  >:(

He didn't get his job back. He got fired, did time in the slammer and once he'd paid his debt he got a different job (at far less $ though he'll still get by). We hate him for what he did and you can despise him still but his sentence was served and IMO its ok he's being given a second chance at his profession.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 01:28:04 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 07:45:36 am »
I waited 2 weeks to say what I expected to say in the preseason,  My NFL season for 2010 is over, I refuse to waste even one more nice fall Sunday on the Browns.  After watching the Buckeyes on Saturday, my Sundays will be free till the Superbowl.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:28:17 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 01:03:10 pm »
I took the same stance with Carolina.  The pre-season was bad.  All practices were bad.  The one "potential" saving grace was (supposedly) that the defense was practicing well...NOPE.  Two quick losses and we are also done for the season (one loss in conference but it was by a LOT this weekend).  I have Panthers flags and gear but will likely only wear it to wash my car when the weather starts turning chilly...eventually.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 07:57:47 pm »
Boni's not going to be very happy....

Kevin Kolb has been benched and Michael Vick is now the Eagles starting QB going forward.  Have to admit that I never saw that coming. :o

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 10:00:01 am »
OK, Dax..remembering that I am no long an Eagles fan..I am actually glad that they pulled Kolb. I think that after his concussion he is much more vulnerable to another injury. Brain injuries apparently have long term effects, so it is best for him to have time to heal. Football finally realizes how this game takes a toll on the bodies of these players. I know that is supposedly not why they pulled him, but since he already has a good brain (as evidenced by his interviews and his positive intelligent conversations), I say let Vick get his brains jostled..there isn't much there to lose!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 10:45:24 am »
Boni - do you get the Philly Daily News or see the back page?  It's a picture of Vick and the headline reads, "Top Dog!"  How'd that make it past the editors?

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 12:04:11 pm »
No, I don't buy the Philly papers..and I guess they are just stirring the controversy. You know Dax, I think my dislike for Vick goes way back to when he was playing in Hotlanta. If you remember he was a cocky jerk who took every shot he could at McNabb and he thought he walked on water. Now they are supposed to be friends? So essentially McNabb lost his job to Vick.
I don't think this will last. How good can you be when your success is against the lousiest opponents? Lets give him some real competition and see how well he does..Actually, you can see..I'm still not watching.  ;D ;D

Last night on the news (I do watch Philly news), Andy Reed said NOW with Vick the Eagles are Super Bowl contenders ..so go buy those Eagle shirts and crap that the owners make so much money off..we are going to the Super Bowl..what a crock..I think Andy has been hanging out with his kids a bit too much..(that wasn't nice  :-\)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:06:45 pm by Bonibelle »

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 09:12:36 am »
I know you're anti-Eagles right now, Boni, but you gonna watch the return of the Don today?  Eagles and Michael Vick vs the Redskins and Donovan McNabb.  I'm getting ready to head to the game and do a little tailgating.  No matter how much I have to drink, I plan to give Donovan a standing ovation if/when he's announced for all he did the past 10 years.  However, once the game starts, he's the enemy!  The Redskins have been terrible so I think us Eagles fans are going to have a lot of fun today at McNabb's expense.  But you never know...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 09:12:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42