What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Golf & Hot tubs...  (Read 7303 times)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Golf & Hot tubs...
« on: September 02, 2010, 06:06:08 pm »
One thing I really like is being able to sooth my weary bones in a hot tub after a round of golf.  I live on a course so I can float in my tub in my backyard and heckle the guys still on the course playing if I want to.  We also have 12 hot tubs on the property at Myrtle Beach where they hold the world's largest golf tournament.  The World Amateur with 3,071 players this year (down from 4,000 in 2007 due to economy I expect).  This is a four day event of playing golf with others of your handicap index and based on age (My is 12.4 to 13.5 index for men under 49).  On the fifth day, the flight winner's get to play in the final round for the title of 2010 World Amateur.  After nine years of competing in this event and never even having "sniffed" the top 10, I was fortunate enough to win my flight this year and will be playing in Friday's championship round at the Tournament Players Club of Myrtle Beach.  Here is a link to the site for more information:  http://www.worldamgolf.com/

...Now, it's time for me to go hit the hot tub!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:25:07 am by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

Golf & Hot tubs...
« on: September 02, 2010, 06:06:08 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Golf & Hot tubs...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 07:39:19 am »
Ironic timing with the message. I played golf Friday and decided it was my last round ever, I've decided to give up the sport. I've been playing worse each year for the past 3.  Part of it maybe my mom's death, she lived on a golf course.  I can appreciate the thought of having the tub and using it after golf.  I certainly know how it feels. For me now, it will be enjoying the tub after a day of skiing.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Re: Golf & Hot tubs...
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 01:49:23 pm »
Ever watch the Masterspa infomercial.  Guy talking about the benefits of his hot tub and even says, "soaking in the tub before a round relaxes my muscles to the point that it's knocked a few strokes off my game!"

My post round activities usually include beer & food.  Although I will soak a few hours later when I get home.  And there is nothing better than soaking in a hot tub after skiing!

As for giving up the game, I was at that point early in the year.  Just couldn't keep the ball in play and wasn't having any fun.  But I'm in a league and enjoy the after round activities with the guys as much as I do the golf.  So I just bit the bullet and took a couple lessons.  Pro picked up on a couple things and just like that I'm back to playing decently again.  Of course, decent for me is scores in the 80's so your mileage may vary.  So before giving up the game, go see a pro for a lesson or two.  It may be something simple that is causing your problems.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
I won my flight but lost the battle on Friday...
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:26:10 pm »
I didn't do as well on Frdiay but the party the night before may have had something to do with the smooth 101 I shot that day.  Either that or the fact that one of my playing partners that day literally took 4 minutes over EVERY shot he took....and he took 12 shots on ONE hole alone.  Yes, that meant that we were on that one hole for nearly an hour.  I can understand some people taking vast amounts of turf outta the earth in an attempt to excavate their small white orb from the big blue planet upon which we all reside but c'mon, this guy got into the final round!  That means that he HAD to have had a game for the past four days.  I guess the pressure of the playing in the final round for the title "did him in"?

In any case, the turn that this thread took provides an oddly fitting segway as I typically give up golf after 8 straight days of play (includes practice rounds) as I've pretty much feel "played out" and I start thinking about snow skiing myself 8)  In fact, just today I bought a new set of tires that will help me get up the hill better this winter in my huge beasty.  Skiing is in fact what originally brought me to decide to buy my own hot tub.

Many years back when I was still in college, I took a church trip to Crested Butte, Colorado.  They had a large indoor hot tub in the condos we rented but they also had these smaller ones out IN the grounds around the condo.  We would plant our alcoholic beverage of choice (liberal church) about 6 inches into the snow bank.  You have to realize that I am OLD so we could still drink legally at age 18 way back in those stone aged days.  Those memories ALWAYS come back to me whenever it starts to snow even a dusting.

I would go on but I have four sets of skis I need to get off the garage wall and sharpen the edges and put a clean coat of wax on...OK, maybe it's still too early for that but I can go to my favorite skiing website (http://www.epicski.com/) and chat with the other snow hounds waiting on the season...

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:26:31 am by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

I won my flight but lost the battle on Friday...
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:26:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42