What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vanguard-weird ticking type sound below filter area  (Read 3700 times)

kervis

• runnergirl
Vanguard-weird ticking type sound below filter area
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:07:02 pm »
Hi all,
I haven't had the need to frequent the forums for quite some time but now I am having some issues crop up.  I started hearing a steady ticking type sound below/next to the filter area of my Vanguard.  I guess I'm nervous to take off the panel to see what everything looks like!  I just cleaned my filters and did a water change in case that was the issue.  As I thought, it was not.  I fired it up, bubbles are coming out of the ozonator area on the bottom of the tub , the jets all work, there are no airlocks.  Everything else is normal. The sound is like you are trying to start your car but it isn't turning over, it's going at a pretty rapid clip, sort of a deeper sound.  HELP!!  :o :o :o 
2005 HS Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

Vanguard-weird ticking type sound below filter area
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:07:02 pm »

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Re: Vanguard-weird ticking type sound below filter area
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 01:22:32 am »
We had that same sound in our Tiger River Bengal last year, and they had to replace the circulation pump.

kervis

• runnergirl
Re: Vanguard-weird ticking type sound below filter area
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 01:55:03 pm »
I think the ticking sound paralyzed my brain--I happen to be still under warranty, thank goodness, so I just scheduled a service call.  My past few issues have been fixed under warranty just barely before the particular warranty expired,(moto parts) so I was so glad to see that this will still be covered.
2005 HS Vanguard

kervis

• runnergirl
Re: Vanguard-weird ticking type sound below filter area--not quite resolved...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 09:45:30 am »
The hot tub guy came out and said that the noise was coming from the circulation pump.  There is also another really loud clicking noise when the water feature is turned on, also from the circ pump.  He said that it is still working within the parameters so he was leaving it alone.  :-\  I put it on my calendar to make sure I get it checked next spring before my warranty expires.

He also photographed all of the cracks in my skirting/surround.  Not sure why they are all popping up.  Most go up and down but some are starting to go across too.  Very odd.  New cracks by  where my cover lifter attaches as well.

He did a 30-point check of the tub--nice! 
2005 HS Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Vanguard-weird ticking type sound below filter area--not quite resolved...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 09:45:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42