What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring/Hotspot Tempo  (Read 17386 times)

diverdon

Hot Spring/Hotspot Tempo
« on: August 17, 2010, 09:45:11 pm »
Hi Everybody,

The wife and I just went to the fair and we got a heck of a sales pitch for a Tempo hot tub. The floor model to be delivered and installed to our home, the deal includes:

1) Led lights
2) delux cover with key lock
3) Step
4) 6 month simple blue kit

This is the new model and has the filter you clean in the dish washer.

We paid $6,499, is this a good deal? Is a hot spot spa really a Hot Springs spa?

Thanks,
Don

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring/Hotspot Tempo
« on: August 17, 2010, 09:45:11 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Hot Spring/Hotspot Tempo
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 07:51:50 am »
Welcome to the forum. I haven't priced that spa lately, but the price is not out of this world.  What fair?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 09:48:47 am »
HotSpot hot tubs are the entry level spas offered by the same manufacturer of HotSpring spas.

Price is good but you cannot wash the paper filter in the dishwasher. You can only do that with the Tri-X filter on HotSpring models.

What fair was this? What state?

You can get more information on your spa here www.hotspothottubs.com
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:57:33 am by soak-king »
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

diverdon

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 03:46:45 pm »
 The Erie county fair. http://www.ecfair.org I did talk to a person from the factory when making the deal and he said flat out that I was getting the latest Ozone generator and the dishwasher reneawble filter.

Are you saying I will double check with him on the filter, but I know what he told me. Do you know for a fact that my tub cannot have that filter?

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the help. If I really want a top quality hot tub do I have to upgrade to a Hot Springs, and if so what should the price be?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 04:23:27 pm »

If I really want a top quality hot tub do I have to upgrade to a Hot Springs, and if so what should the price be?

Its all relative to what you want/need, how much you want to spend/can afford...

You're getting a good spa for $6500 and while it may not be the top of the line model from them you're also not paying a top of the line price. You can step up to the Hot Spring line and pay $1.5 to $5k more and certainly you'll get a better spa but you're also paying more $.

You're not making any kind of mistake with the one you chose unles its not really what you want to get. If you want to see what their other models are like and you can afford to go with the premium models go ahead and take a second look. Either way you should be fine.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:27:30 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 04:39:27 pm »
The Erie county fair. http://www.ecfair.org I did talk to a person from the factory when making the deal and he said flat out that I was getting the latest Ozone generator and the dishwasher reneawble filter.

Are you saying I will double check with him on the filter, but I know what he told me. Do you know for a fact that my tub cannot have that filter?

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the help. If I really want a top quality hot tub do I have to upgrade to a Hot Springs, and if so what should the price be?

To make sure I didn't miss an update, I just got off the phone with the mothership. The HotSpot filter cannot be cleaned in the dishwasher. Only the Tri-X that is used on HotSpring models can.  

Who was the "person from the factory", do you have his card or remember his name?

Size wise the HotSpring Vista is closest to the HotSpot Tempo. If you can get a 2010 Vista for under $11,000 you have a great deal. IMHO
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:48:39 pm by soak-king »
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

diverdon

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 03:19:03 pm »
Thanks again for all the help. The factory person I was dealing with was Dave. I did not get his last name or a card. Dave insisted that the filter could be cleaned in a dishwasher, but he admitter that the hard filters in the real hot springs were Better.

After looking at it all again I upgraded to a Hotsprings Envoy. Price 11,399. this included the steps, a good cover and the ACE salt water system. I suspect I could have done better if I had been more prepared when I went in the first time and asked for his best deal on a Hot Springs tub.

Dave insister that the quality of the Tempo was as good as anything else comeing out of there factory.

More latter.. wife calling now

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 03:19:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42