What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Epic spa impulse purchase  (Read 8900 times)

pinchick

Marquis Epic spa impulse purchase
« on: May 23, 2010, 03:34:15 pm »
Hi folks

I am new to this forum so please be gentle with me! A month ago I impulse purchased a Marquis Epic Spa. I got all the concrete done and 32 amp armoured cabling to the lower patio where it lives. Then got decking done. It looks wonderful and feels wonderful. However, I keep hearing horror stories from friends etc that these things cost an arm and a leg to run, whereas the dealer I bought it from said it is about £1/day (I am in the UK - not sure what the current exchange rate is but guess £1 = c.$2). Can anyone stop my worry about what electricity bill I will get!? Also how does the Marquis Epic rate as a hot tub please? Thanks, Pinchick.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Epic spa impulse purchase
« on: May 23, 2010, 03:34:15 pm »

Jet Sitter

Re: Marquis Epic spa impulse purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 03:38:25 pm »
Pinchick - The Marquis Epic is a great, well made tub and will be very reasonable in terms of operating costs.  No need to waste any energy with worries about your impulse purchase - you did well.  Enjoy, and don't look back!

pinchick

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 03:44:35 pm »
Jet Sitter - thanks so much for the quick and positive reply. I can now relax and enjoy it  :-)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 09:44:18 pm »
Jet Sitter - thanks so much for the quick and positive reply. I can now relax and enjoy it  :-)
Sit back and relax, Marquis is good brand.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 10:31:24 pm »
I have an Epic, and in spite of the very cold snowy winter that we just had, I ran my tub in economy mode with no problems at all!  It is a wonderful therapy tub and you will be very happy with your purchase.

Where are you located in the UK?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

pinchick

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 03:43:50 am »
Thanks Spatech_tuo - the comments from you are encouraging that I will not be stung with a huge electricity bill!

Bonibelle - thanks also to you. I am very happy so far so good :) I am in the NW of the UK near Manchester...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 07:45:18 am »
Hi folks

I keep hearing horror stories from friends

Welcome to the forum.  Can you say jealousy? Whether they realize it or not, jealousy is what it is.  I am still amazed at the number of people, who were totally clueless about the realities of owning a hot tub that told me for certain how it was going to be.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 11:33:36 am »
I am laughing  ;D ;D because I remember an auditor from my Electric company  (a real witch) who insisted that my tub was causing my bill to sky rocket.  And Bill is so right, one of her first comments was that people who can afford to have hot tubs shouldn't complain about electric...she wished she could afford a hot tub..I told her I would trade her..she could have my tub and MY LYME DISEASE and I would tell people untrue information about their electric bills.  ;D ;D She called it a big hot water heater on my deck!  After much investigation, it turned out to be my well pump that was running 24/7 because of a leak!! Once that was fixed, I could see my true electric impact...and I was pleased! ;)

I was asking your location because my husband works in Manchester sometimes. So if you have any problems...I'll send him over  ;) :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 04:03:54 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

pinchick

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 04:19:49 pm »
wmccall - yes maybe they are jealous - I had not thought of that - so thanks for that! As a real novice I thought I needed to find out for sure from all you lovely experts out there.

Bonibelle - my supplier is only a 20 minute drive away and I have to say the after sales service so far has been spot on. You never know though - I may call on your hubby if they start to lose interest in me!

Thanks again all!

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 12:25:38 pm »
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:54:08 am by . »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 12:25:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42