Brand Specific Forums > Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

Leisure Concepts Cover Catch/Covermate III for Jacuzzi 400-series/options???

(1/7) > >>

spasearcher:
My Jacuzzi J480 is being delivered/set up this Friday and as part of my package they included a Covermate III but I've seen them set up and I don't like how they keep the cover raised high above the back of the tub  :(. I'd much rather have a system that brings the cover down LOWER behind the tub (yet off the ground/thinking of the winter months) and had a look at alternatives and the only thing I could find was the "cover catch" from Leisure Concepts and the Rock-It by Cover Valet (not even sure if these are compatible with 400-series?). Can high winds blow the cover back on to the tub (ie. covermate III) ? I know the practical reasons for having the lifter but I can't help but feel that the "opened look" takes away from the beautiful design of the 480? Need advice/other options  ???

FYI - If I don't opt for ANY lifter option (before the install on Friday), the dealer has already offered a $300 credit...

Thanks!

Jeff

Spatech_tuo:
The 400 series may be tricky for covers and lifters so I'm talking in general when I say look at the Covermate II, it does sit low. The CM-III is a good lifter IMO except that you either love or hate how high it sits and you seem to maybe think the latter. It has a way to lock it in the up postition when opened so the wind doesnot knock it down onto your head, have tehm show you when its installed though it'll be obvious.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.:
The Covermate 3's instructions specifically say;

"CAUTION! Do not use the Covermate in high wind condition (greater than 10 m.p.h). Injury from the spa cover being blown over and impacting the spa user can occur."

spasearcher:
Ya I read that somewhere too re: high wind....we'll see what the guys say when they come with the tub on Friday....

chelseapaws:

Jeff -

As a proud 480 owner, let me first say congrats on the purchase!  As for the CM-III...we own it, we love it.  That being said, you may not need the same level of privacy or wind protection that we enjoy.  Living in upstate NY, I've soaked through many a winter storm with the cover raised without issue.  There is a locking mechanism as was described before, however in 3 years, I don't recall ever engaging it.  My only challenge with this lifter is that the cover ends up "rubbing" my deck railing.  It's clearly my error when originally positioning the tub, however I wish I had the ability to raise the height of the cover once open.

Also - Our deck faces south and the sun has done a tremendous job of destroying the vinyl.  Perhaps one of the site's dealers can recommend a "sealer" to get me through 1-2 more seasons...  I was using 303, however feel that it may have accelerated the deterioration.

Hopefully the attached pic will come through.  Enjoy your new tub!

Regards,
Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version