Brand Specific Forums > Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

I Give Up - Jacuzzi J-345

(1/1)

SpaNE:
After 3 years of ownership of a Jacuzzi J-345 I give up.  :(

1. Too much maintenance.  Every year something breaks - first it was the circ pump, next the cover got waterlogged and needed replacement, now the heater is broken...

2. We used it quite a bit in the beginning but not the novelty has worn off and it is hardly used. 

3. I tired of going out every day in the winter to clear off the snow and check the chemicals when it gets so little use.  $100 / month is the winter months to heat.

4. I can reclaim the space on my patio when I get rid of this big gray box.

What is the going price for a 3 year old J-345 and what is the best way to sell it?

Water Boy:
Sorry to hear of your troubles SpaNE. You said three years of ownership though right. All the problems you mentioned aside from the cover should be covered under warranty though, unless you did buy it used. I can understand your frustration with the problems that you have had, but in regards to the cover, they are definitely a wear and tear item. I tell people all the time that spa covers are like tires on a car. They only last for so long, and you just need to count on replacing them every so often.

ndabunka:

--- Quote from: SpaNE on April 24, 2010, 01:31:05 pm ---
3. I tired of going out every day in the winter to clear off the snow and check the chemicals when it gets so little use.  $100 / month is the winter months to heat.

What is the going price for a 3 year old J-345 and what is the best way to sell it?

--- End quote ---

$100/month for elec is WAY too much.  I wonder if something it wired wrong.  My 7 year old J-370 only uses about $20/month in summer or winter.  Winter's here are mild but I've never heard of anyone with a Jacuzzi paying $100/month for electricity.

Going price for uses hot tubs that are still in warranty is about 50% of the original value.  However, the warranty is not transferable so the buyer may want you to address any issues before they pick it up.

Spatech_tuo:

--- Quote from: ndabunka on April 28, 2010, 11:00:59 pm ---
Going price for uses hot tubs that are still in warranty is about 50% of the original value.  However, the warranty is not transferable so the buyer may want you to address any issues before they pick it up.

--- End quote ---

A 3 year old spa sold by the spa owner is probably worth about 35-40% of the original price on average IMO. Of course condition matters a lot so that % is a baseline but I have a hard time seeing a spa owner getting 50% for a 3 year old spa.

ejf The Spa Guy:
SpaNe, seeing your comment on the other post, your cover is a wear item, I am in a snow area, specially winter 2008, is it possible that you hit the cover and the membrane to cause it to fail to soon, we saw a lot of that last year,when shoveling off the 2-3 feet of snow multiple times . and the cost of operation, i think that is high, mine runs about 30-40 a month

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version