What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tubs and dust  (Read 3260 times)

momof1

Hot tubs and dust
« on: May 24, 2010, 03:06:27 am »
I am researching hot tubs (small 2-3 person) and have not come across an answer to my question so hope someone can help. I live in the country on gravel roads and can be very dusty. I plan on putting the hot tub on a deck on the back of the house. Will the dust be a problem or will it cause more maintence and upkeep and problems to the tub? Thanks for any help.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tubs and dust
« on: May 24, 2010, 03:06:27 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Hot tubs and dust
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 07:49:59 am »
Welcome to the forum.

I would think the only dust problem will be on the cover. It will be running the majority of its hours with the cover on.  Some of our service techs may have some insight.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 11:16:43 am »
I am researching hot tubs (small 2-3 person) and have not come across an answer to my question so hope someone can help. I live in the country on gravel roads and can be very dusty. I plan on putting the hot tub on a deck on the back of the house. Will the dust be a problem or will it cause more maintence and upkeep and problems to the tub? Thanks for any help.

The dust won't be a problem. The spa will be covered for 23½ hours per day and even though the cabinets are built to allow some air transfer the dust wouldn't be a problem unless maybe you have huge duststorms like in the Grapes of Wrath.

If you're putting this spa on a deck I persoanlly think a spa that uses a 24 hour circ pump for filtering is best in this application for quiet operation. Spas that use the main pump for filtering can be a bit loud when on a raised deck in my experience unless of course you're very rural and the deck is set off from both your house and neighbors.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

momof1

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 09:15:58 pm »
Thank you both for your reply and helpful information. I guess I can stop worrying about the dust and continue my research. by the way you all are so very helpful and  I have learned so much from your posts. Thanks again!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 12:13:28 pm »
I would agree with spatech, dust should not be a problem with the spa, mainly dirty cover may have to clean it more often, but also being on a deck look into a spa with a 24 hour circ pump, help with noise and vibration when your are not in the spa,,,,
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 12:13:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42