What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring vs Hot Spot  (Read 22751 times)

Vanguard

Re: Hot Spring vs Hot Spot
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 01:41:32 pm »
I think one of the main keys is to know what the hardness level is coming out of the tap.  You may be fine adding the tap water, but you might already have more than enough calcium.  Where I used to live, the water was so soft I had to add a fair amount of calcium to the water.  Where I live now, you can add tap water, pH balancing chemicals and chlorine and you're done.  I'd rather not go with soft water because, to me, it is easier just to go with the tap.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 01:41:32 pm »

honeypot

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 05:12:37 am »
When he took the sample of water, he only took from inside where the water is softened.   He didn't want a sample from the outside faucets where the water is hard.  He seems to really think that adding the softened water and then treating it is the best way to go  :-\

Perhaps it is easier to add the minerals that softening the water removes than to take away too much of the minerals.

Tomorrow morning the pavers/sand/rocks or whatever arrive.  The plan is to put a layer of pebbles, then a layer of sand then the pavers then more sand in between the pavers.  However, they still have to level the area that has been dug and it is a large area.  I will put some pics out here soon. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 05:12:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42