What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis vs. Master Twilight Series  (Read 67186 times)

Deron

Re: Marquis vs. Master Twilight Series
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 07:35:46 am »
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:31:01 am by Deron »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 07:35:46 am »

Deron

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 07:37:40 am »
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:31:20 am by Deron »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 08:04:17 am »

In regards to the large events that many of you competitors enjoy complaining about please allow me to make a few respectful comments.  First, these events actually are not done by Master Spas. ................Is that a bad thing?  

I know that our dealers take advantage of it when other dealers or even manufacturers[/quote(yes, there are manufacturers that are actually doing these events themselves without dealers involved) come into their markets and do an event.

[/quote]

Deron,

Welcome to the forum, I see your post count is more than a handful, but I wasn't aware of you till now. I am purely a consumer and not aligned with any manufacturer.  When I purchased my spa I was totally unaware of much in the industry. It came down to a Master Spa 750 I think it was, and the tub I ended up with.   The "Traveling circus" as it has been called has improved, but was a major factor in my going away from Master.  The ads around that show were the biggest outright lies I've personally seen in consumer advertising.  In recent years they have been toned down.

I also know that these shows where the major reason Columbus' oldest hot tub store dropped the Master line.  Clearly they didn't benefit from the increased traffic and this was before the down turn in the economy.  As for the shows not being done by Master, I just have to shake my head at that comment.  If another company was trashing my image through questionable practices I certainly wouldn't stand by and let it happen.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 11:10:09 am »

In regards to the large events that many of you competitors enjoy complaining about please allow me to make a few respectful comments.  First, these events actually are not done by Master Spas. ................Is that a bad thing?    

I also know that these shows where the major reason Columbus' oldest hot tub store dropped the Master line.  Clearly they didn't benefit from the increased traffic and this was before the down turn in the economy.  As for the shows not being done by Master, I just have to shake my head at that comment.  If another company was trashing my image through questionable practices I certainly wouldn't stand by and let it happen.

It's ridiculous to say those shows "actually are not done by Master Spas". That's simply a play on words. You hire the people to run these shows and its coordinated through Master so just because the people under the tent aren't technically Master employees does not mean it's not your show. It's the Master corporate traveling spa show and all the deceptive advertising and sales practices are a reflection on Master because after all, it's your show.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:23:11 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 01:26:00 pm »
 :D Looks like Deron took all his posts and went home! ROFWL  :D ;D ;D
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 02:12:32 pm »

Was it something I said?  I really didn't try to chase him.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

honeypot

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 02:57:58 pm »
Deron,

I am a newbie to the spa world so when I posted my experience with Master Spas it was completely unbiased.  Just what happened to me.  BTW, it's posted on another thread, but I thought I'd copy it here for your convenience.

As far as Master Spas...  Went to one of their shows, spas were $$$, sales pressure was unpleasant.  Went outside and took out my phone and got on the internet to find out about Master Spas (the actual dealer came out to tell me not to worry about Master Spas reputation.  That even made my search that much more important.)  What I read wasn't flattering.  When I told the sales guy I wasn't buying he got upset and told me that I just wasted so much of his time when he could have been making sales... guess I should have felt bad and bought one from the poor baby :'(.  Oh, and when he told me that they "are a Christian Company" that really upset my stomach.  Where did that sales line come from? 

Two cents thrown in...  ::)

honeypot

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 03:08:32 pm »
Deron, you wrote:  In regards to the large events that many of you competitors enjoy complaining about please allow me to make a few respectful comments.  First, these events actually are not done by Master Spas. ................Is that a bad thing?  

again, here was my experience.

When I was at the show that I refer to in my earlier post, I was told that each salesperson there was an employee "at the plant" and "on the floor" where the Master Spas are made.   Some little birdie in the back of mind kept tweeting "why are they here as salesmen when they work at the plant or are they salesmen saying that they actually work at the plant?"   That was numero uno tweet... the rest came as I described.

That will be my four cents worth  ::)  but, of course, only my experience.  I'm sure there are owners of this spa that are perfectly happy.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 04:35:26 am by honeypot »

Vanguard

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 03:17:10 pm »
Just heard on the radio that we are having an amazing Pool Spa and Sauna show down at Reliant Stadium this weekend.  Come see all the different hot tubs, swim spas and saunas from different companies on sale in one place!!

Notice they said Pool first, then in the ad, no more mention of pools.  Master is intentionally misleading unknowing consumers to think this will be a pool show.  Since I live in Houston, and it is April, a consumer might just think they really are going to a pool show only to be bombarded by unpleasant (thank you HP) sales pressures to by a hot tub. 

How much you wanna bet they have one rinky dink Wal-mart type pool there just to say it is a pool show, too?

I think the fact that Deron was called out and then just conveniently removed his posts tells you volumes about that company.

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 03:45:04 pm »

Deron shows up once or twice a year and tries to use "awards" they've purchased to refute Masters reputation or tries to make it sound like there is a conspiracy against them but he scurries off into the woods when he realizes we all know the real story.

The one that get me is how they advertise for that spa circus as if there are multiple manufacturers even though the show is really 90-100% Master. The sad part is if you call the toll free number they list ahead of time to see if its something you really want to attend you can't get ANY meaningful information ("sorry, I don't have a list of the manufacturers who will to be there"). I've been to it a couple times and can verify that no one is exaggerating; you'll want to go home and take a shower from the whole experience. They should have a covered wagon at those shows selling magical elixir out of the back like in the olden days of snake oil salesmen.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:50:11 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

honeypot

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 05:29:57 pm »
When I drove 1.5 hours to what I found out was THEIR show, I thought I was going to see many different spas.  I drove that distance to other shows and saw different spas; however, I didn't see any Master Spas.  

I was really disappointed to drive that distance to see only one spa manufacturer   :(   I wonder why they don't exhibit their spas at shows that feature different hot tub manufacturers?  Seriously, is there a reason?  Do other spa manufacturers distance themselves from Master?  I found it odd and frustrating and, btw, that was another tweet in my ear.   Hmmmm. ???

Hey, you know what I really wanted to say to the salesman that told me they were a "Christian company?"   "Well, that's a no brainer, I'm Jewish!"   :D

Took out the above comment.  Unlike the salesman I dealt with, I don't want to offend anyone.   :o  Does that shock you Mr. Salesman?  I don't happen to be Jewish, but I can assure you that if I were, I would have definitely told him that.

hp
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 04:45:50 am by honeypot »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 06:28:27 pm »
when they were here last fall the also brought in some Phoenix, they also said as usual largest sale in area ever I think i also read all major manufacturers will be here,we called and asked what brands would be there and the guy answering was pretty rude and would only say you got to go to find out, at the show he had several used tubs, Bullfrog, Sundance, and a few others,,,,so maybe that is how they get major brands being sold,, whats also funny is i had a customer come in the store yesterday still looking for a tub, she commented she went to the show and was not happy with the sales pressure , price is good today only when we pack up and leave the deal is gone,,,,she said he was also very pushy.........just thought i would add this to it.....But your right Deron took his ball and went home...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Leisureworks

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2010, 11:17:09 am »
Or maybe Deron just has better things to do than to argue with a bunch of imbasils.  And so do I, so my post will be brief and I will not be drawn into an endless argument with competitors trying to slander their competition, namely Master Spas. 

If you want to find thousands of happy Master Spas customers, you are invited to come into my store.  Randomly pick some customer files out of our filing cabinet and give them a call.  Great products, great service, and great factory support makes it easy to make our customers happy!

Somehow I doubt I will get any takers, but just in case...5204 Jackson Rd.  Ann Arbor Mi 48103

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2010, 12:18:08 pm »
Or maybe Deron just has better things to do than to argue with a bunch of imbasils.  And so do I, so my post will be brief and I will not be drawn into an endless argument with competitors trying to slander their competition, namely Master Spas. 

It is spelled imbeciles.

Even if you are right though. Why delete all posts?

By the way, I don't think the argument is endless when at the first sign that no one will buy into the BS being thrown at them you run away. That is pretty much the end as I see it.  ;)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2010, 12:37:52 pm »
Leisureworks,
I appreciate your comments. imbeciles,and slander(sweet) did you read all the comments, i don't think there was any slander intended or spoken of. Alot of of what we speak of is from experience of what we see and hear,, if you also notice in my earlier comment i wrote there are some great dealers that sell Master spas . So as you sell Master Spas and you have happy customers. that is what it is all about. Have you had the Big Show show up in your town? In our town the dealer said audios to the line after the 2nd show here. Again kudos to you for your  happiness with the company and keeping your customers happy,so calling us imbeciles is a little far fetched. Again this forum is about opinions we all have, some right some wrong, but anyone can gather enough info to help them make the decision on there purchase is what is about.and if Deron was right or believed he was right why delete the posts?
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2010, 12:37:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42