What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis vs. Master Twilight Series  (Read 67174 times)

jbalas

Marquis vs. Master Twilight Series
« on: April 05, 2010, 03:38:12 pm »
My Coleman gave out after 20+ years and now I want to move to a smaller tub.
Looking at the Marquis Rendezvous and the Twilight (Master) TS 240.
Any opinions? Any other suggestions in the 3 person tub range?
jb

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis vs. Master Twilight Series
« on: April 05, 2010, 03:38:12 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Marquis vs. Master Twilight Series
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 04:37:08 pm »
My Coleman gave out after 20+ years and now I want to move to a smaller tub.
Looking at the Marquis Rendezvous and the Twilight (Master) TS 240.
Any opinions? Any other suggestions in the 3 person tub range?
jb

As far as Marquis goes, they have a good reputation and as for other suggestions, my personal favorites would include Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi and Sundance. All of those are FAR better choices than Master IMO and I could probably name another dozen I'd take before I'd even consider Master (do a search on them to see others posts about them). Go to the websites of each manufacturer you're interested in and see if they have someone in your area. Visit as many as you canto see what they have to offer, narrow your choices down to maybe the top 3 and wet test your top choices to see which is best for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

VTXMAN

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:37:18 pm »
Stay away from Master!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 06:43:53 pm »
Without even a second thought - Marquis.  Hands down.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 06:54:34 pm »
I will say in my experience  Marquis has excellent customer service and a great warranty.  In addition,  I have an outstanding dealer,  which is also an important consideration. ;)
As far as Master, you can search and see that their sales tactics are pretty shady.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Water Boy

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 09:14:10 pm »
Between the two, I would go with the Marquis, hands down imo. Another popular model to look at would be the Arctic Fox, by Arctic Spas. It is 86 x 69 x 39" tall, and it comfortably seats three people. One nice thing about the Fox is it still has nice depth to it with the 39" tall cabinet. Go to www.arcticspas.com if you want some more information on that spa.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hottubber1

• hottubbing under the stars...
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 08:29:49 am »
I would run the opposite direction from the Master spa. I honestly don't know one person that bought one, most likely from a road show, that likes it after one year.
As a spa dealer, I get allot of calls where the consumer has no place to turn for help.  Too many service issues and just about zero support, that's what I've seen. Hands down, Marquis is a better choice. As a matter of fact, IMO, just about every other brand is a better choice. OK, maybe that's a little harsch.

Hottubber1 8)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:34:59 am by Hottubber1 »

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 07:47:56 pm »
Well, since Beerman has given you one brand to look at, you might as well have a list of other brands to consider.

First, Marquis is a fine brand.  You won't have issues with them.

Other brands (in no order) to consider:
Sundance
Jacuzzi
Caldera
Hot Spring
Dimension One
Premium Leisure
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 12:31:53 am »
I would look at the Marquis if i had to choose between the two , Marquis is av ery good company, I am not a fan of Master especially with their traveling circus...but you may want to look at some other brands
D1
Sundance
Hot Springs
Caldera
H20
Jacuzzi
But if you are looking for a corner tub some of these guys do not have them, things to keep in mind the space size even though in corner you can use a rectangle spa for more comfort, most triangle spas are short,and not as comfortable,IMO. , but do some checking around, i would look for a smaller rectangle , may not take up any more space, and also not facing the corners......
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Deron

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 10:48:30 am »
There is a lot of mud being thrown at Master Spas from their competitors but you should know the facts. Master Spas is one of the leading spa manufacturers in the world. Last year they won the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for marketplace ethics, they are a Consumer’s Digest Best Buy winner, they are SpaSearch Certified,, they won the Hot Tub industries top award, The INSPIRE Award , they have been on ABC’s Extreme Makeover, Home Edition several times and they are the hot tub company the Discovery Channel chose for their hit TV show “How it’s Made”. Master Spa’s CEO is on the board of the “International Hot Tub Association”.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 11:16:58 am »
There is a lot of mud being thrown at Master Spas from their competitors but you should know the facts. Master Spas is one of the leading spa manufacturers in the world. Last year they won the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for marketplace ethics, they are a Consumer’s Digest Best Buy winner, they are SpaSearch Certified,, they won the Hot Tub industries top award, The INSPIRE Award , they have been on ABC’s Extreme Makeover, Home Edition several times and they are the hot tub company the Discovery Channel chose for their hit TV show “How it’s Made”. Master Spa’s CEO is on the board of the “International Hot Tub Association”.

1) C'mon Deron, you work for Master corporate so you know those various "awards" you mentioned in an attempt to make Master look better are simply paid for advertising but you forgot to mention that. Consumers Digest Best is flat out an "award" you paid for. Master paid to get on the hit show "How it's Made", that is no badge of honor its just a TV advertisement. Master gives the spas to Extreme Makeover to put on their show and maybe even has to pay beyond that as well for all I know. Other spa makers have spent years building a solid reputation and can rely on good word of mouth from their customers and even their competitors have respect for them. Yes, we all know others pay for some of those "awards" as well but they don't have to try to use them to whitewash their reputation. We're not naive; you guys chose the path you're on, and we haven't even mentioned that corporate run, over the top, shameful traveling spa sales circus which makes a mockery of any supposed ethics award.

2) If Master's poor reputation is because of competitors why isn't everyone slamming each other here? Why does everyone come down on Master specifically? We have dealers of Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Arctic, etc. on this site and while they certainly tout their own product they will also typically say positive things about each other as well. The fact such respect isn't extended to Master is not simply due to being a competitor. Its not like Master is anywhere close to being the Big Dog in the industry where others might feel a need to pile on. There is no conspiracy and no collusion for everyone to get Master as you'd like to have people believe? Besides, when you do a search here and elsewhere you get plenty of responses from unsatisfied Master owners and not just the ones who've been duped by the traveling Master sales circus that you guys send around the US.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 05:15:47 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 01:32:27 pm »
I would have to agree with Spatech on this one, he is spot on. i would also add that most of us who are regulars are speaking from experiance, not to say that there are some really good dealers out there that sell Master, But seeing what they have done with the spa circus in our town gives a bad taste, not because they come in and sell the spas, it is the practice on how they do it....with our opinions on this site we talk from experiance. You can see were most of us stand and what we like. most of try to help out as much , trying not to be biased toward our own brands, you will notice we will put down several brands that we believe are very good...but again you need to remember these are all our opinions, including Deron which we appreciate all sides even though we may not agree......
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

rick

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 05:42:31 pm »
Master gives the spa industry a black eye.   Anyone who buys one is a fool and is asking for future heartache.     

Their sales wolves are despicable and should not be allowed at any home shows or fairs.

VTXMAN

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 05:45:03 pm »
All I got to say from a service person stand point is every Master Spa I worked on is a POS! I am currently fixing a Down East (Master built spa) and it looks like it was engineered by blind monkeys. Got to love that Styrofoam insulation that is so loosely put is place its got to have some serious high "R" value (NOT). Cabinet so flimsy it shakes in the wind, shell thinner than plastic wrap...shall I go on?

Deron

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 07:35:27 am »
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:30:37 am by Deron »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 07:35:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42