What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi j-210 vs. Sundance 680 Denali  (Read 36834 times)

Nickel II

Jacuzzi j-210 vs. Sundance 680 Denali
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:55:19 am »
Hi,

Very new to all this and have been lurking the forums for a few weeks.  Wife and I just bought a new house and I'd like to get a basic spa for the back patio to use at night to relax.  We are in SOuthern California so use will be a year round deal for us, probbanly using it more in the fall, winter and spring then in the summer.

I think rarely will we entertain in it.  The place we live at now has a pool and it just doesn't work out to have people over to swim and then entertain.  The whole showering thing, etc.  Most of our friends just aren't comfortable going to that extent.  We have a couple of young kids age 5 and 1.  I doubt they will get a lot out of it either.

We also don't have a huge budget.  So I am looking at the smaller round tubs like the Jacuzzi 210 and Sundance Denali 680.  I have a quote from a local dealer on the Jacuzzi for $4200 delivered, installed, with the cover.  I have not gone to the the local Sundance dealer yet.  I see the specs on the two are about the same.  Biggest difference I can see is the 2 foot jets on the j-210 vs. 1 on the Denali.

- Are these basically the same two hot tubs, just branded differently?
- Is $4200 a good price on the J-210?
- Is one better then the other?

Also, assuming good care of a tub, what is the expected life out of one of these things?  5-7-10 years or more?

I'm looking at it as you only live once.  We can sort of afford it.  Kinda like, we can spend $4k on some other home improvement project that is nice, but that is about it, or $4k on this and get some real pleasure out of it.  Question is for how long?

Thanks for the advice and help.  The key item I hve taken away from the forum is to wet test.  I have not done that yet, just want to get more of an idea of what I am getting into if we go this route.  I suspect I would LOVE one of the fancier tubs more, but rally about 5k is out budget limit.  I'd rather have a little bit of a good thing vs. nothing at all and it seems the j-210 get good reviews from the few people who have them.

PS - I have no idea what other tubs are in the sun $5 to 5.5k price range.  Feel free to recommend others.  I do prefer the open seating to the lounge seating.   My dad had a louge style tub about 10 years ago and I just never really liked it.  I like to move around and stratch out a bit.  I am short - 5'7" on a good day.  Which is why I am looking at the round tubs.  The j-210 seems to get solid reviews and is decent for the price, but again it is tough to find out the prices so if sqaure/rectanlge tubs are available in t=a very slightly higher price range, it is worth me looking into.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:09:49 am by Nickel II »

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi j-210 vs. Sundance 680 Denali
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:55:19 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Jacuzzi j-210 vs. Sundance 680 Denali
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 01:39:38 pm »
You are dealing with 2 reputable brands, and can probably be happy with either.  How do you feel about the dealers?  If all else fails, go with the better deal, perhaps play them against each other for the best deal.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 01:41:52 pm »
 J-210 and Denali are basically the same spa fro the most part, just different names.  4200 delivered is a great price, we sell it for significantly higher.    Life wise the spa itself should last a really long time, but you may have to at some point replace a pump/motor and or control board.  It has a 3 year warranty so no worries till then.

If you want something bigger check out the J-230 your dealer seems to have good prices so it may be worth a look.  One thing with round spa's is they don't offer a lot of foot space for many people and depending on your body size or the wifes it can get crowded not just in the foot area. If you are both large people defiantly wet test.  If neither of you are large you should be fine.  Comfort in the end is key.

Nickel II

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 09:47:57 pm »
Thanks guys. I visited teh Denali dealer today because it is realty close to where I live.  Without any sort of discount they quoted $3,995 for the Denali including cover and delivery, and they'd throw in the steps for free.

Other then the two foot jets on the J-210 and the 1 foot jet on the Denali, what is the difference?  Are the jets on the J-210 different/better?

If all else is equal, I assume my next step is to talk to them about service? What happens if something breaks?

The Denali dealer did tell me that if something breaks during the warranty that the service visits are free - that was unsolicited but I really didn't get to the point of asking who services them, etc..  I did not get that far with the Jacuzzi dealer.

Are the prices I am getting quoted good enough of a deal where I would be a fool to push my luck and try to bargain down?  I am all for people making profit, but I want a good deal too.

Advice appreciated.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 01:24:31 pm »
 The jets,pump and filtration and construction are all the same and at that price I would be amazed if they went lower if you asked  :o   

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 04:23:09 pm »
Visit your local Hot Spring dealer and see if they have brought in the Hot Spot Dash.  Should be around the same price point.  http://www.hotspothottubs.com/
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 06:02:39 pm »
 6 adults?  :o   

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 07:18:24 pm »
these are great brands,. you should also look at the D1 Journey,,,it is also a round tub, and they like the Sundance and Jacuzzi which are the same company and are there in So Cal, the D1 and the Hot Springs are made there 2 . these are the tops in the Hot tub industry .IMO. i would test each one, and as you are doing , get a feeling of there business, and buy who you are comfortable with.....good luck
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hottubber1

• hottubbing under the stars...
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 10:57:31 am »
Nickel II,

Both the Sundance and Jacuzzi are great brands. There are others also, as posted. If you feel comfortable with the local Sundance dealer and the price is truly under $4K, I'd select the color of your dreams. That's a real good price.

As a longtime spa dealer, here's what I see; as long as you are comfortable with the dealer and you can get a couple of referrals in your area, go forward with your purchase. Spas are only as good as the dealer that supports them. That goes for all brands, including the top dogs.

The dealer is your life line, they are your sounding board, they need to be there for you when you need them. If you feel comfortable with your local dealer and you feel the price is fair, stop beating yourself up and get into hot water.

Hottubber1 ;)

Jet Sitter

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 05:46:49 pm »
I think the small round tubs are a great way to go and you will not be disappointed.  The jacuzzi J-210 and Sundance Denali are very nice, well made, options.  As suggested, the D1 Journey is similar and has a better warranty, I believe, so you should check it out if there is a dealer nearby.  Also, if there is a Marquis dealer, check out the Envy - Marquis also has an excellent warranty.  I will be surprised if you have any negative issues arise when wet testing these tubs with their more upright bench seating but it is good to find out first!

kab

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 09:00:43 pm »
I just stumbled across this forum and just purchased a Denali that will be delivered on Friday.  I live in Western Colorado and got it for $4,700.00 delivered including stairs, set up chemicals and   delivered seeing the price of 3995 did I get taken or is it because of my rural Colorado location?  Years ago we had a sun tub four or five jets I think - they've come a long way!  Can I feel good about this purchase or am I going to have buyers remorse.

Jet Sitter

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 03:09:42 pm »
Feel good about your purchase and don't look back.  You paid less than what the tub sells for in my area, for what it's worth.  Enjoy your spa!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 06:01:39 pm »
 4700 was a good price 2 years ago with us.  Congrats you will enjoy it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 06:01:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42