Brand Specific Forums > Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

New (used) J-345 Jacuzzi

(1/2) > >>

janeav:
Hello everyone--

I've been reading this forum for about 3 years -- having hot tub "envy" all the while......Now I can join you!

Yesterday, we purchased a  2007 Jacuzzi J-345 a neighbor was selling ($2000).  We had it moved by the dealer that originally sold it to them.  Everything looks good so far.  But, I do have a question -- the tub is heating -- however, it seems to be taking a long time to get to 103 degrees.  It started heating at about 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon (the tap water was 45 degrees) -- this morning at 7:00 it read 90 degrees.  It is very cold outside -- about 6 degrees.  Does this seem like a normal amount of time for heating in the winter?

Jane

soak-king:
Not real familiar with Jacuzzi but my understanding is if the tub is 110v expect the water to warm at a rate of 1 - 3 degrees per hour. If it is 220v expect it to heat between 3 - 5 degrees per hour.

Hope this helps

wmccall:
Jane,

I'm glad finally have something to post about. I hope we helped. It sound like you made an informed decision, got a good price and went about it the right way. I didn't see where you are located, but this time of year if I was to fill my tub the water out of the spout would be 40 degrees.  My tub which has a, I think, a 4.5kh heater, heats at about 4 degrees an hour, so that would be about 15 hours to come to temp. I remember that first day waiting for it to get up to temp.  Good luck, I hope you will report back and let us know how that went.

PS, I said 4 degrees an hour, but I've noticed on a cold tub, its less than 4 degrees for the first hour and if the tub is back at 100, and I turn it to 104, it takes less than an hour, but 4 is a good average.

Jacuzzi Jim:
 Welcome to the forum!! Its a 220v spa so it should have taken 12 maybe 14 hours at the most to heat up.  Any errors on the topside? Could be a faulty temp sensor.    Let us know.  ;)

dasno:
Boy my freebee tub took 3+ days too heat up... Of course this used a water blanket style heater that wraps around the pump.   

Can't wait to get my new tub from the sounds of this it should be warm in less then a day!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version