What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Limelight Flair anything comporable?  (Read 10636 times)

lookintobuy

Limelight Flair anything comporable?
« on: February 18, 2010, 08:39:40 pm »
Hello I am looking at buying a hot tub within the next week or two. I've narrowed it down to the limelight flair or south seas 746L and I am leaning toward the limelight and wanted to know your experiences with them.

I've been told the 5,600 price on the flair is a great deal as it includes cover, lifter, and steps and I believe the ozonator. I will be wet testing it next week to make sure I like it. It only as 3 year warranty that comes with compared to Hot Springs normal 5 year. Does anyone own the limelight Flair that could give me any advice? I am a first time hot tub buyer so your help is very appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Limelight Flair anything comporable?
« on: February 18, 2010, 08:39:40 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Limelight Flair anything comporable?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 08:34:25 am »
I am dealer, and I sell the Limelight tubs. I have one running on my showroom floor, My wife and I have wet tested all three models over the past year or so. We like them - when I sell my 25 year old classic out of my backyard we are strongly leaning toward replacing it with a Limelight.

I have sold a bunch of them since they were introduced, and I have spoken with other HS dealers who have told me that Limelight was selling real well in their stores. I think we have a winner here. They seem to have a good combination: the Watkins name behind them, lots of flash and sizzle, good power with lots of jets, steel frame, and yet they are usually priced just a bit lower than HotSpring tubs. That can vary by market, of course.

Works for me.

I have had tons of trouble with the lighting system in the tubs we sent out the very first year. The repair was easy - plug in a new control box under warranty. Takes less than two minutes. When bad, it shut down the whole spa, but once you unplug the light control the spa comes right back, and I finally figured out that this was going to repeat and I began to stock the little control box. Easy fix - but they upgraded the control system which took care of that problem nicely: you won't have a problem with it now. Then the lights themselves had problems, but Watkins either redesigned or changed vendors, either way it seems to have corrected THAT problem. The rest of the tub was made up of components from the regular HotSpring line, (all well-proven stuff) so I have had no other problems with the tubs. Our owners all report being very pleased with their tubs.

HTH
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 08:39:08 am »
Welcome to the forum, I have casually looked at the limelights where I buy chemicals and I like what I see, your price sounds very good. Others here have said the new models are coming out and their will be changes, so dealers are moving the 2009s.  My tub is about to have its 7th birthday and going strong, but if I had to buy a new one, I would be definitely putting these on my list.  What can  you tell us about this South Seas model?  What  are your impressions?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 12:50:49 pm »
isn't south seas spas a spinoff of artesian spas. i have not seen them in person,they look o.k, but i am more of a fan for D1, Hot Springs, Sundance, Jacuzzi, MArquis, so i would look at the limelight over the south seas, but also put into account your dealer you are working with, also wet test both,,,
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

lookintobuy

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 04:45:55 pm »
South seas is a spin off of artesian and I do not know whole lot about them. Can't find many reviews of them on line or I am just not looking in the right place. I will be going to look at one tomorrow - the price is about the same as the limelight flair with almost the same options.

I really appreciate the replies.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 04:45:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42