What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for a new small hot tub 2-3 person??  (Read 12240 times)

Luna

Looking for a new small hot tub 2-3 person??
« on: January 28, 2010, 12:08:14 am »
Hi,
Any tips on buying a small hot tub for 2-3 persons.  Have been looking at Hot Springs, Marquis, and Sundance.  Does anyone have any experience with these brands?

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for a new small hot tub 2-3 person??
« on: January 28, 2010, 12:08:14 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Looking for a new small hot tub 2-3 person??
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 01:00:28 am »
All good brands.  However, Hot Spring has just announced that the revolutionary ACE salt water sanitizing system is now available.   This innovative new water care option offers the closest thing to hands-free water care. Sounds like a winner.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Nilking

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:23:16 am »
Hottubdan, do you have a link about the "ACE salt water sanitizing system "?
Browsed hotspring.com, couldn't find anything about it.
HotSpring Limelight Pulse

Water Boy

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 08:30:34 am »
All good brands.  However, Hot Spring has just announced that the revolutionary ACE salt water sanitizing system is now available.   This innovative new water care option offers the closest thing to hands-free water care. Sounds like a winner.

Not to nitpick Dan, but while it is revolutionary for HS, Arctic Spas has been offering a hands free water care salt system for over two years now called the Onzen system. I expect others to follow sooner than later.

To the OP, all the brands mentioned are solid brands. I would suggest wet testing as many as you can as that typically can help make the choice for you. You might also check out Arctic Spas, Jacuzzi, and Dimension 1 to add a few other major players to your list. Also, do your research on your local dealer as that can be just as important as the brand of spa. Get referrals, check with your local BBB.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:55:12 am »
Luna,

Welcome to the forum.  I've personally not looked at the Maruis offering in this size tub. I'd love to hear your impressions.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 10:41:17 am »
Hi,
Any tips on buying a small hot tub for 2-3 persons.  Have been looking at Hot Springs, Marquis, and Sundance.  Does anyone have any experience with these brands?

You want a well made spa (those 3 are certainly well though of in this industry) that fits you (can you wet test these?) and is from a reputable dealer that you have confidence in (check them out as best you can).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

gadfly

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 11:17:30 am »
As a spa consumer, who tries to stay aware of innovation... and would love to find a innovative new water care option offers the closest thing to hands-free water care for my next spa.  Unfortunately, this is at least the third time in the last few years, that I can remember HotSpring touting something similar.  I assume this one costs an extra $1000+, plus ongoing chems/maintenance items costs... as did the previous versions.  I am sure that one of these times, they will get it right... but I am sure glad that I never wasted money, on the previous versions.  As a former President said, "Fool me once... you can't get fooled again".
I would want to wait a couple of years to see if this is "the one".

That said, I have watched these boards for a long time, and I always considered HottubDan, to be one of the good guys, who is on here to help, not sell.  I do not see him as one to spout corporate marketing BS, so perhaps this is "the one".  I hope so.

Now back to the OP... all three are good manufacturers... so as Spatech suggests, focus on fit, and dealer.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 11:39:30 am »
Its a slow enough day that I decided to look at the Marquis site.  I see they have two offerings. One is a side by side where both occupants's heads are facing the same direction and they have a triangle model  On the triangle model occupants sit in opposite corners and face each other.  I think I would prefer it that way. I hate being crowded in a  hot tub.

One perceived negative  with the triangle model might be replacement covers, but having bought an after market cover from RH, I am comfortable enough with the measurement process that I wouldn't let that affect my decision.  Right now 90% of my tubbing is my wife and I together so wet testing would be, to me, even more important on a tub this size.

I liked the Marquis site, I hadn't been to it in awhile because I don't have a nearby dealer, but at least I could see that on their site.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:46:57 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 11:44:57 am »
Good manufacturers are very important, but don't discount the importance of a dependable dealer. I think I would put that at the top of my list...You will get a feel for how a dealer operates when you wet test; something that you should really do before you buy.

As far as sanitizing systems...no system (my opinion) will be perfect and able to take the "human" out of the equation. I use bromine in my Marquis tub. The system injects bromine into the tub when the jets come on to filter. I still need to check the balance of the tub and shock it but it's very easy..(and I actually left the tub for over a month last summer and it was crystal clear when I got home). So there are already systems that are simple and effective. I wouldn't spend a fortune on a unique sanitizing system..Just my opinion  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Luna

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 10:51:13 pm »
Thanks for all the feedback!  I've a few more tubs to check out but it seems unanimous that the first thing to do is wet test any brand.
Thanks again.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 10:51:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42