What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa monitor question  (Read 5076 times)

spa monitor question
« on: January 10, 2010, 10:32:43 am »
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:56:56 am by . »

Hot Tub Forum

spa monitor question
« on: January 10, 2010, 10:32:43 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: spa monitor question
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 11:28:40 am »
Yep, mine does the same thing and since my tub was replaced last year, this is actually the third spa monitor system. The old one also would also go into the anoying false alarm mode and my dealer replaced it. Then I got a new one with my new tub. What I have discovered is that you will have to move the location of your monitor...it's really that simple. I have no idea of why the signal from the tub would "move", but that is the solution that I found works.

My new monitor was mounted on the wall of my mudroom which is about 7 or 8 feet from the front of the tub and to the right about 4 feet. All of a sudden (after a year) I was getting the false alarms! And, like you, I wanted to toss that darn thing INTO the tub!!  I have now moved the monitor right inside the door. Which is about 5 feet to the right of the front of the tub.
I am able to control everything in the new location,  but the alarm hasn't gone off. This is the exact location that my other monitor was when it kept going into false alarm mode!! ??? ???..

I will tell you that I explored everything that I could think of..my wireless phones, remote controls (for everything from the garage door openers to TV remotes). I have a real problem with things that I can't figure out, but on this one, I gave up and just moved the darn remote.  ;)

If you take the batteries out, you have nothing. ..Is it still under warranty?

Let me know how it works out for you!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 12:00:38 pm »
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:56:42 am by . »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 01:52:48 pm »
 I forgot all about that test but tried it with my monitor. Haha..it reads 17 near my door and 24 where I had it mounted. It doesn't alarm in the location near the door, but does where I have the holder..so I don't know what is going on..but as long as it tells me the temperature, turns on the light and doesn't false alarm..it can be where ever it wants to be.  ;) :D

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 08:09:35 pm »
I've seen people get a new phone and have it interfere with the monitor...I've even seen it happen with a neighbors phone.

Look for some kind of new interference around the unit...

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 07:26:04 pm »
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:56:30 am by . »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 08:46:12 pm »
My monitor has been very happy lately (I moved mine too). :).no false alarms and it never beeps when it connects with the spa. I believe it does check every hour, but it never makes any sounds. I don't think I would like it beeping every hour either. Do you have to keep it in your bedroom?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 08:46:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42