What's the Best Hot Tub

Poll

Did this damage the motor on my newly purchased used Softub?

Ther is a chance it's ok. Fill the tub at the new location and try the
4 (80%)
It's ruined.  Go to the nearest dealer.
0 (0%)
Go Buckeyes, Beat Penn St.
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Is motor ruined?  (Read 2359 times)

Jayme

Is motor ruined?
« on: November 05, 2009, 06:12:35 pm »
Tub was plugged in and a leak in a connection caused the water level to go down to a depth of about 5 inches.  When we discovered this, the unit was still plugged in, the indicator-temperature light was on, but (of course), no action happening at the motor unit. As we are moving the tub, I have not refilled/reconnected. Now I'm scared that we've got a motor that is ruined Do you believe this damaged the motor on my newly purchased used Softub OR Is there any chance that the motor is ok?

Hot Tub Forum

Is motor ruined?
« on: November 05, 2009, 06:12:35 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Is motor ruined?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 07:33:32 pm »
 Well I voted, plug it in see what happens.  Probably be fine. 

Jayme

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 08:43:20 pm »
Thanks so much for your vote. I have my fingers crossed that it's ok, but was very concerned that there would not be any chance that it would work. It would be worth the hassle and 200 gallons of water to fill/test at home if there is a chance that it is fine. If the experts of this forum have a concensus of no hope of operation, then I'll save myself the filling and get it to a dealer. Again - Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:15:03 am »
Thanks so much for your vote. I have my fingers crossed that it's ok, but was very concerned that there would not be any chance that it would work. It would be worth the hassle and 200 gallons of water to fill/test at home if there is a chance that it is fine. If the experts of this forum have a concensus of no hope of operation, then I'll save myself the filling and get it to a dealer. Again - Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge.

Absoultely a chance you'll be fine. Fill it up and check it out.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 03:03:56 pm »
There is little chance you damaged it....there is no heater to run, the pump can go quite some time without hurting the seals and the heat to the pack would be minimal. If anything you put some undo stress on the motor seal and that will cause a leak when the motor runs that you would notice ASAP and you could have fixed very inexpensivly.

Jayme

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 04:56:06 pm »
Thanks for your responses and expert advice. You have eliminated much of my anxiety and worry about the motor.  I appreciate it!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 12:49:43 pm »
I agree plug it in you should be good to go. did you tighten the connection that was loose? it should be fine. fire it up ans see what happens
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 12:49:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42