What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LED Lighting coming to our homes  (Read 19268 times)

VTXMAN

Re: LED Lighting coming to our homes
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 06:42:24 pm »
My house is also full of CFLs and I have decided that I am now used to the definate deficiency in the brightness.  :-\ The thing that makes me angry about the CFLs is that they advertise that the bulbs have much longer lives than regular bulbs..that has not been what I have experienced at all.   >:(

The reason is they are not supposed to turned on/off repeatedly all day, it shortens the life. That is why they are fine for work environment but not a house.

Those bulbs are a scam, over time you will spend way more on them that standard incandescent bulbs.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 06:42:24 pm »

jamaicabraden

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 08:32:47 am »
Nice led lights. Everybody wants to have a personal spa area in their homes.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:00:01 am by Bonibelle »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 10:50:42 am »
CFL bulbs die young if you mount them with the ballast up, as in an regular indirect lighting fixture. It's the heat, I would guess.

I have some track lighting in a work area of our store and we put in a couple dozen CFL bulbs, non-reflector type, aimed down just because they looked neater. They lasted less than a year. The prices keep dropping on these things AND you can see SUCH a huge difference in color when you replace them; so we put all new ones. But this time we tipped the fixtures so the bases are not up - hoping to go more than a year with this batch.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 10:50:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42