What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Prices for Tiger River Bengal and Caldera Kauai  (Read 6118 times)

hikergirl

Prices for Tiger River Bengal and Caldera Kauai
« on: September 01, 2009, 09:42:01 am »
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, thanks for any help you can give us. We are shopping for a tub and have narrowed it down to a Caldera Kauai and Tiger River Bengal. I know they are very different sizes, but the price difference is significant to us. It is hard to know whether we are getting a good deal -- the prices seem high to me based on what I've read on the forums. We looked at Sundance and we did not like the tubs or the dealer as much as the HS dealer. Anyway, the HS dealer has quoted us $5795 on the Kauai (with cover & lifter, delivery, steps, ozone and 220 box) and $6495 on the Bengal. Are these reasonable? We've pushed him a bit on price (bargaining with a very low floor model Sundance), but there seems like there might be more movement.
Also, we owned a Bengal that we bought in 2003 -- do we need to wet test the 2009 Bengal?
Thanks for any help.

Hot Tub Forum

Prices for Tiger River Bengal and Caldera Kauai
« on: September 01, 2009, 09:42:01 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Prices for Tiger River Bengal and Caldera Kauai
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 10:23:59 pm »
No need to wet test.  Hasn't changed much if any.

Prices included accessories?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:52:30 am »
Bengal can be ordered in 220 or 110/220 convertible. The convertible has a smaller jet pump and is plumbed differently. Specifically it has a four-way diverter valve, so you get the same jet pressure but not the same number of jets at one time.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hikergirl

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 11:50:53 am »
Thanks, both of you. The prices include cover and cover lifter, steps, ozone and delivery. I think they also include some starter chemicals. Are there other accessories?

Thank you for the info about the convertible vs. 220. Our last Bengal was 220 and we liked being able to run all the jets, so I'll make sure this one is 220.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 12:26:06 pm »
Thanks, both of you. The prices include cover and cover lifter, steps, ozone and delivery. I think they also include some starter chemicals. Are there other accessories?

They are including the key ones but you're missing a couple that you might want to push for: rubber ducks and plastic martini glasses.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 12:26:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42