What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Industry Professionals (please read message 1 before posting (no replies)  (Read 153442 times)

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: Hot Tub industry professionals
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 02:16:51 pm »
I am SpaMan- I have been in the industry for quite some time, I don't like to say how many years as when someone says they have been in the industry for 15 yrs or more it makes them seem so old.  ;D

On a serious note I enjoy researching the general workmanship and performance of all spas good and bad. I do get very critical of how some spas are made, it seems many spas are on the verge of greatness then they go and do something really stupid like cut out a notch in a 2x4 to make room for the plumbing.

I sell with pride, integrity and take a "no bull" approach to things. I enjoy getting right to business when it comes to selling spas. (None of this life story telling) I just like to get to where ya been? What have ya seen? and good ol' fashion can I show you mine? Cutting to the chase seems like a good approach to me. If a salesman from my competition is lying I say "he is lying to you" then I prove it. Spa sales is a very simple process to me, keep the product very simple and explain it so even the children can understand it and then theres no question as to what they are buying, how much they are paying, and they are always prepared to pay in full for the product.
     Understand that when a customer is fully ready to buy your product there is a trust that has been built and the sale will never  cancel or refund!

I enjoy helping and giving my 98 cents where I feel its needed. ;
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 02:17:31 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 02:16:51 pm »

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 08:28:56 pm »
My name is Branden, and like Terminator I also go by my TopGun call sign - Merlin  :)
I have been selling spas for 6 years. Before that I was a delivery guy for 2 years.

My family owns The Spa Shop in Lancaster, CA. We have been in business for 25 years. We carry Watkins Mfg. products including: Hotsprings, Caldera, Tiger River, Limelight,  Hot Spot, and Solana. As well as Freeflow Spas. I am the sales manager at my store and  I consider myself to be very knowledgeable about spas. I am younger than most of the people on here. I am 22 and have been around spas since I was 5.

I joined the forum to help educate anyone that may need help in regards to spas in Southern California and as well as anyone else who needs some help. Prior to selling Hotsprings, our store carried many different brands of spas over the years including Catalina, CalSpa, Beachport, Diamante, Artesian, Sundance, and Strong Spas.
We also carry Olhausen pool tables, Splash Superpools, Finnleo Saunas, Gazebos, Chemicals and accessories.

So like it says I'm just here to help in any way that I can.

If you happen to live in the Antelope Valley and surrounding areas and have any questions in regards to anything please let me know.

-Merlin  8-)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:40:35 am by Forum Admin »
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 02:12:19 pm »
My name is Clay.

I am the Website Designer and part of the Marketing Department at Bullfrog Spas. I have been at Bullfrog for about 2 years now and tripped onto this site by checking my website stats. I frequently visit this site to: first and foremost, learn about hot tubs. This is great place to see new product, find out what the consumers are saying about the industry, and to get a good laugh. I appreciate the Bullfrog owners that constantly defend our product when under attack, which is few and far between, and the dealers that help out the community and provide value.

Also, now that I am a hot tub owner I come to listen to the chatter of spa issues that everyone is having and learn about the ever interesting and exciting subject of chemicals!

Thanks

http://www.bullfrogspas.com

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 03:29:57 pm »
Hi! My name is Becky and at times my husband Laurel will be on. We own a Hot Tub Sales and Service Company here in New Hampshire. We started our own place in 2004, and for 4 years before that had worked at a local spa manufacturer. We started as a service company and grew into spa sales. Working for a spa maker opened our eyes to help us decided. what line of spas we wanted to carry. We had seen pros and cons of spas by mistakes that were made over the years. We decided to carry Clearwater Spas as our main line and Leisure Bay as our entry level tubs.

We have taken several spa tech classes and water chemistry classes and are certified in several things. We work on any make or model, so we have seen many pros and cons to different tubs.

When I have time we like to help people on the forum, as we like to help them in person. Customer service is the most important aspect of our family run business and service has been the bread and butter of our company, plus we learn from others on the forums.

If anyone needs any help or has questions feel free to contact us and we will do our best to help anyone (many dealers call us for questions) :)

www.hillbillyhottubs.net
info@hillbillyhottubs.net
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Familybiz

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 04:38:13 pm »
Hi, My name is Kathy, my husband Brad and I own and operate B.K. Spa Service in Kingston Ontario, Canada. We sell, install and service Beachcomber Hot Tubs, we will service other tub brands if neccessary with the understanding that they come after our own Beachcomber Customers.
 Being fairly new to business ownership I'm not sure how I feel from a business point of view, regarding service of other manufactures tubs. We want to help everyone ( and make a dollar ) but are we hurting ourselves in the long run? Why would someone spend extra money at a dealership for service if they can call Brad anyway and have him run right over?
We came from the water treatment industry before becoming involved in Hot Tubs. I am more of an administrator than I am sales  but I really like people and the product we carry, so it all seems to work out in the end.
I have been reading the forum for about 3 years now and have gathered alot of good information over that time period. I dont see myself as a regular poster and will probably remain a newbie forever but occassionally I have the very real urge to respond to a specific topic, so here I am, just in case.
If anyone has any questions specifically about Beachcomber or our business I would be happy to help to the best of my ability.
Our website is www.beachcomberkingston.com
I look forward to being a member and seeking the knowledge and assisatnce of other members.

Tampaspa

• For all your spa needs
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 12:48:22 pm »
Hey all my name is London and I own a pool and spa business in Zephyrhills Florida just North of Tampa. I've been doing this for 20 years and love it .I am a authorized factory warranty center for Jacuzzi, Sundance, Premium Leisure, Hydro Spa, Dynasty and other brands.  I have a web site that I'm all ways adding product too everyday that's seems to be more work than working on a hot tub but with the way it is now you got to have one. www.itsallaboutspas.com     8-)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 01:09:01 pm by Tampaspa »

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 12:20:47 pm »
After 20 years in the industry, I left a year ago, but I still lurk around the website to see what is going on. Keeping in touch with my friends in the industry it sounds like things are tough out there. I hope things turn around for you all.

SpaWorldOnline

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 08:52:26 am »
Hi All,

I'm Ed and from England, UK.  

My background experience comes from buidling Concrete, Liner, above-ground and Fibreglass one-piece pools in Australia. This includes, but is not limited to: Solar Heating, Control Systems, In-Floor Cleaning Systems, Plumbing, Pools, Spas, Swim Spas, Manufacturing, Service, Repairs, Installations, Decking.

Since then I have worked for UK independent retailers in both Sales and Service capacities, so I know the differences between "Sales Pitch" and "Factual Informantion".

I now run my second Hot Tub and Spa business in the UK, and from what others in the trade say about me, I'm honest and helpful.

Eco_Spas

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 02:37:27 pm »
Hi, Im Ryan, I was a Engineer/Designer for a spa manufacturer.
 I have decided to go into buisness myself and focus on my designs. I currently run a testing facility and am testing spas and working to make them a less energy consuming product, and work closely with energy departments to... Well... you know.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 02:54:04 pm by Eco_Spa »
'GREEN' ENGINEER

Hottubs4life

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009, 11:16:38 am »
Hello all, my name is Chris and I am one of the sales managers at Sunrise Spas.
I am here just to give Sunrise and our products a fare shake. I have been in this business now for over 15 years, manufacturing and in the retail end of it as well.

We have been manufacturing hot tubs in Canada since 1987. We manufacture our Sunrise line, Paragon Spas, and White Water Spas. We also distribute DreamMaker Spas here in Canada. As well 30% of our business is done in Europe, with our warehouse located in the Netherlands.

During my retail years, I have sold Sunrise of course, Jacuzzi, Arctic, Beachcomber, Pacific, L.A. Spas, DreamMaker, and Softub.

Not here to bash any products, but here to educate consumers in purchasing the right hot tub that is for them, by doing this, it promotes Hot Tubbing in general.

Also here to mingle with my peers and see whats going on.

Cheers

Spalady

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 03:13:19 pm »
Wow, I was wondering about the women in the industry.. glad to see a couple here. I am Lynda and have been in the industry since 1979.. yeah old timer now. We have sold and serviced many brands over the years, starting out as hot tub coopers and  installing in-ground spas and pools. We left all of that in 1989 and concentrated on portables.

We have been a Hot Spring dealer since 1980, one of their first and have two stores, one in Santa Cruz and one in San Jose. Like many of you we have won numerous awards over the years, including Aqua 100 and are proud to be recognized for our efforts. Putting customers needs first has helped us create a loyal following.
I  have contributed to a number of articles for our trade magazines over the years  mainly about customer service, creating professionalism in our industry and sharing marketing ideas.
I hope I can learn and assist in these discussions. I am amazed with the caliber of professionals on this forum. Great work.  [smiley=bath.gif]
In Hot Water and Loving it since 1976.

SpaConnection

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 05:41:16 pm »
Good Afternoon!  I have been in the Spa industry since 1985.  I started out as a tech, then in sales, and now own my own company that mostly sells refurbished tubs.  When I worked with a company here in Colorado Springs, I noticed around 2006 that people just stopped buying tubs.  I took a few classes at the college and finished my degree and decided that in this economy, refurbished was the way to go.  People all over are cutting back on expenses and if I can help them out while still making a living, it benefits both of us.  I am not in this business to become rich.  I love what I do, and helping people and informing them about the different makes, models, and features of hot tubs/spas makes my day brighter.  We are located in Colorado and serve all of Colorado and neighboring states.  If you have a question, feel free to drop me a line.  Feel free to check out our website as well since we have many FAQ's from the past 25 years on there.

Happy Tubbing!!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:42:46 am by Forum Admin »

Peteyboy

• 1991 HotSpring Classic - Tech since 1987
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 02:21:19 pm »
Hello All.
My name is Pete. Peteyboy is my nickname from my step-daughter. I have been a HotSpring Tech since 1987. Wow, I think I'm old now. I'll service any brand but know the most about Watkins products, Jacuzzi & Sundance.
Our store has been selling & servicing HotSpring since 1993 in Melbourne, Florida.

This forum is great. Many great techs helping people. I learn a lot also.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:38:24 pm by Peteyboy »
spas are electrical devices and can be dangerous to repair - please use this advice at your own risk

Leisureworks

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 11:53:35 pm »
My name is Kreg.  I started in the business as a lab technition at one of the country's largest Hot Spring dealers.  I still see those little bags of water in my nightmares!  I worked my way from the very-bottom to eventually being in management at this Hot Spring dealer.  Top Gun trained by Watkins.  That was fifteen years ago!  Wow!

I opened my store, Leisure Works, in 2001.  We have sold primarily Master Spas' family of products, as well as Tropitone casual furniture, pools, gazebos, saunas, and all the goodies that go with them.  I have a passion for the industry as a whole, and I will always lend a helping hand to those who are searching for knowledge.  Heck, I'm still learning too.

There is a good group of knowledgable folks on this board, and even though we may not always agree with each other, I am sure all of our goals are similiar.  Keep your customers happy by treating them with the respect, appreciation, and service they deserve.

www.PoolandSpaSale.com

AquaFinesse Canada

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 11:43:28 am »
AquaFinesse Canada

Hello my name is Shaun Casey and i am the Canadian national sales manager for AquaFinesse. I have been in the pool and spa business for over 15 years including senior management positions with Beachcomber, D1 and Hydropool. In my tenure I have also owned my own retail store.

I am lucky enough to be part of AquaFinesse in charge of sales in Canada.

Our product is distributed nationally by Capo Industries. If there are any questions or support i can offer retailer or consumer relative to our products i would be happy to answer them. Please PM me and i will email or call you directly with support.
Shaun B Casey
National Sales manager - Canada

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 11:43:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42