What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Has anyone used Dek Blocks?  (Read 4456 times)

sandt

Has anyone used Dek Blocks?
« on: May 31, 2009, 11:26:50 am »
has anyone tried Dek Blocks instead of pouring concrete footing for their hot tub deck?

Hot Tub Forum

Has anyone used Dek Blocks?
« on: May 31, 2009, 11:26:50 am »

Vanguard

Re: Has anyone used Dek Blocks?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 11:43:31 am »
Are you building a deck?

Do you just want to use Dek Blocks to place your hot tub on?  If so, I'd be careful.  It would really depend on the tub and the frame structure.

If you're building a deck, then I believe they work fine as long as the ground you are sitting on isn't too soft.  But that would be the case regardless of whether you were putting a hot tub on the deck or not.

The weight of the hot tub will be distributed through your deck structure.  You'll need to make sure you have an appropriate structure for the deck and you should be find.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 04:46:23 pm »
I think you also have to see what the codes are for your area.

Some municipalities are more strick in enforcing the codes than others. I live in a township that enforces the BOCA codes to the hilt. They also have their own codes. A neighbor went to sell their house a few years ago and they had them take down their above ground pool because they didn't get a building permit for it. They also had the person who I bought my house from fill in any hole (and we're talking picture nail holes here) that was in the wall before he was allowed to close on the house.

Play it safe both in safety and codes.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 04:46:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42