What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Debris in Lines  (Read 2913 times)

sde

Debris in Lines
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:58:22 pm »
I just fired up a tub that as far as i can tell had been sitting for sometime.  Bassically I bought a shell and a good base, the rest of the tub was a gamble.  Other then siding all I ended up having to do was replace the pumps.  It seems at one point some one had the same idea as me but only got as far as the controls.  Now for my problem, got it started today, the jets are pushng water moderately, but it seems like all but one of the bubblers (for lack of the correct term) are plugged. The one that is working is not pulling a lot of air.  This is an older Jacuzzi Brand and as far as I can tell is the Lexus LC model.  There are not to many bells and whistles to this tub.  I noticed as I was replumbing the tub for the pumps there was what appeared to be algae on the inside lining of the existing lines.  Now that water is flowing again all this stuff is coming loose and again guessing, is causing my problem.  How would I go about purging the system of this debris?  Is there a chemical out there that could help here?  Possibly disolve the stuff?  Or what is the proper procedure for cleaning the lines?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks  

Hot Tub Forum

Debris in Lines
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:58:22 pm »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: Debris in Lines
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 11:08:25 am »
Swirl away or spa purger. You will also want to decontaminate the spa before use. You way want to try turning the jets to see if they are all turned on also, most jet faces turn so you can adjust them.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Debris in Lines
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 11:08:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42