What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot springs Lifetime warranty  (Read 3823 times)

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
Hot springs Lifetime warranty
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:19:50 pm »
Does HotSprings offer a lifetime warranty?  If so is this offered at the time of delivery (payoff)?

My salesman has not mentioned this and if he does.. is it worth it? And how much are they and what do they cover/not cover?

I would like to have all my facts covered before final payoff.

Thank you.
Angie
2008 HS Soverign

Hot Tub Forum

Hot springs Lifetime warranty
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:19:50 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Hot springs Lifetime warranty
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 09:48:53 pm »
No, they don't.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 10:41:40 pm »
I am curious why you are asking.  What have you heard? :-X
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 06:42:30 am »
I am curious why you are asking.  What have you heard? :-X

I was reading a posting on the pool and spa forum and someone was stating that they bought the life time warrenty for $1000.  It wasn't a Hot Spring, it was another brand.
*****So it struck my curiousity..
2008 HS Soverign

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 06:44:36 am »
No, they don't.

Thank you. :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 06:44:55 am by aduvall »
2008 HS Soverign

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 09:59:09 am »
Well, You could trade it in every 5 years when the warranty runs out for a newer model with a brand new warranty.  ;) :D  :)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 03:05:44 pm »
Most extended warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. Were the manufacturer lets lots of stuff slide by the warranty companies will not and most repairs after a couple of years are created by the consumer.

If you do decide to do it make sure it is a warranty company and not through the selling dealer. That way if the dealer goes out of business you might still get some coverage.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 06:49:19 pm »
Most extended warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. Were the manufacturer lets lots of stuff slide by the warranty companies will not and most repairs after a couple of years are created by the consumer.

If you do decide to do it make sure it is a warranty company and not through the selling dealer. That way if the dealer goes out of business you might still get some coverage.

That makes sense. I think the warranty that comes with it looks to be a good one.

Hopefully I won't experiance any major problems with it for years to come as long I take care of it.  
2008 HS Soverign

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 06:54:54 pm »
Well, You could trade it in every 5 years when the warranty runs out for a newer model with a brand new warranty.  ;) :D  :)

Yeah, I could. But what price could one expect out of a 5 year old HS hot tub? I was reading somewhere that they lose most of thier value fairly fast???

When the time comes, is it better to sell it outright or would a trade in give you more money because your buying a newer one?

Hopefully these spa's can last a long time with good up keep and fair maintenance expenses. :-?

2008 HS Soverign

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 07:22:57 pm »
A good spa should last 12, 14, 16+ years whether you keep it that entire time or pass it along. Buy it with the idea you'll at least keep it 8 years before trading in or selling and getting another.

Beware of any lifetime warranties. There is almost always a catch with anything that says "lifetime".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 07:34:02 pm »
A good spa should last 12, 14, 16+ years whether you keep it that entire time or pass it along. Buy it with the idea you'll at least keep it 8 years before trading in or selling and getting another.

Beware of any lifetime warranties. There is almost always a catch with anything that says "lifetime".

It's great to know that my spa will last that long. ;D I really agree withthe old saying "You get what you pay for".

I see topics on here where people have bought a 15 year old HS and its in great working order and still looks good. Thats just too amazing!

And, thanks for the tip on the warranty.  

2008 HS Soverign

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 07:34:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42