What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New guy here looking for some help, please  (Read 2534 times)

tigra14i

New guy here looking for some help, please
« on: January 22, 2009, 05:45:46 am »
Heya guys im new and from England, Firstly im a proud owner of a Portable Haliburton Spa http://www.canadianspacompany.com/spa-display.php?id=80&style=portable   and yeah i know its not the best one out there but it was the best for my budget. i purchased it from B&Q  for £800 and they seem to retail for around £1900 so saved some nice money on it.

with the money i saved we decided to buy some more decking and start to box it in with the decking and insulated it all to try to keep the heat in abit better  ,because the weather aint that great in england also to improve the looks ,will post some photos when i get the chance.

now my question is as this spa/hottub did not come with any underwater lights im looking to add a Powerfull underwater light to light the water up nice, but the problem is that the spa has a pvc liner with no holes for a light to go through. so has anyone any ideas what would be best for me to buy and ways i could add a underwater light? i have emailed a few companys and one recomends me http://www.1st-direct.com/hugo-lahme-grp-underwater-light_details.htm  do you guys think this would be suitable for my needs? , as im still quite a newb.

thanks for any help :)

Hot Tub Forum

New guy here looking for some help, please
« on: January 22, 2009, 05:45:46 am »

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
Re: New guy here looking for some help, please
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:30:28 am »
There are some floating lights available, they run on battery's. I have one that is called "The Underwater Light Show", it works pretty good. I'm sure there are others too.  It may not be exactly what you want, but it would be easy to do.  If you can't find any, let me know and I will provide a link.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:31:31 am by Mr._Bubbles »
It's all about da bubbles!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 07:22:31 pm »
Underwater Light Show

A multi-coloured light projector for your spa! This light floats on the
surface whilst the light projects underneath it and onto the bottom
and sides of your spa.

5 light patterns with auto-off switch

Runs on 3 AA batteries (not included)

Dimensions: 150mm diameter x 125mm tall

£22.95  

Underwater Light Splash
A smaller version of the Light Show, idea for smaller spas. Also displays 5 different light shows.

Runs on 3 AA batteries (not included).  Dimensions: 90mm diameter x 65mm tall.

£14.95  

Pack of 4 Duracell Plus AA Batteries    £3.95  

http://www.splashspas.co.uk/spa-accessories/hot-tub-lighting.htm

(I JUST WONDER IF THIS WORKS WELL WHEN SPA IS ON WITH ALL THE BUBBLES?)

tigra14i

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 08:09:13 am »
yeah i have come across these before, thanks but im looking for permament light underwater as my spa bubbles all the time and i think that it would be quite annoying bashing into people  while its floating.

but thanks anyway ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 08:09:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42