What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: PURE ENTERTAINMENT OF JA  (Read 22811 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: PURE ENTERTAINMENT OF JA
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2005, 04:35:03 pm »
An interesting side note here...

In speaking to a lawyer friend with connections in CA, he informed me that Jim had a date in court on the 25th of Sept. for his slander charge and was a no show! ???  That sort of stuff isn't taken lightly by the courts and it doesn't look good for Jim at this point.
There's now a judgment against him for a cool 1 million. :'( ;D The plot thickens and he's backed himself into a corner. It looks like a case of bankruptcy in inevitable for Jim as they're going after everything he owns. Shouldn’t be long now.

I've heard similar reports so maybe that confimrs it.  ;)  Does anyone know what court this was?  I was hoping to find some records online.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2005, 04:35:03 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2005, 04:50:36 pm »
All of this over a box of hot water. No, in fact it's worse than that: all of this over an OPINION about a box of hot water.

I just don't get it. If Jim took care of the ETL listing questions, and turned the selling or at least the posting over to somebody who could control themselves, he might very well have seen his company grow. THAT, in my opinion, would have been the only way to be taken seriously. The second you start outselling the big boys, you have proven your point.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2005, 05:13:56 pm »
An interesting side note here...

In speaking to a lawyer friend with connections in CA, he informed me that Jim had a date in court on the 25th of Sept. for his slander charge and was a no show! ???  That sort of stuff isn't taken lightly by the courts and it doesn't look good for Jim at this point.
There's now a judgment against him for a cool 1 million. :'( ;D The plot thickens and he's backed himself into a corner. It looks like a case of bankruptcy in inevitable for Jim as they're going after everything he owns. Shouldn’t be long now.

Did you mean August 25th, or did he miss a court date last September?

Brewman

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2005, 05:22:05 pm »
All of this over a box of hot water. No, in fact it's worse than that: all of this over an OPINION about a box of hot water.

I just don't get it. If Jim took care of the ETL listing questions, and turned the selling or at least the posting over to somebody who could control themselves, he might very well have seen his company grow. THAT, in my opinion, would have been the only way to be taken seriously. The second you start outselling the big boys, you have proven your point.

I think his business model is flawed- alway has been.  Totally ignoring for a second his lunatic rantings, which are enough to scare me from ever giving him a dime, let alone buying something this expensive, in order to succeed he'd have to offer something of value over and above what is available locally.  He doesn't from what I saw when I was shopping.

His spas are nothing out of the ordinary- just middle of the road.  Despite his claims to the contrary.  
They aren't even ETL or UL Listed, and they cost as much or more than a premium spa bought from a local dealer.

He offers nothing more than what is already available- except doing business with him has extra risks.  Who's going to support his warranty if he goes under?  Phoenix?
I guess his generic spas may have some advantage if he goes out, if they are as generic as he claims, parts and service should be easy to find- but those poor souls will now have to pay for the parts and labor.
Brewman

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2005, 06:17:43 pm »
Yes Brewman I meant August 25. Sorry.

autoplay

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2005, 07:20:32 pm »
Sandy was claiming 75,000.  Now I hear it's a million?

Any links?

cappykat

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2005, 03:47:59 pm »
I don't usually read the general BS, but happened to see this topic today.  Please fill me in with the "short version" story.  What's this all about?
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2005, 04:32:26 pm »
I don't usually read the general BS, but happened to see this topic today.  Please fill me in with the "short version" story.  What's this all about?

Look at the Sept 5th posting by Bubbles on pg 2 of this topic. I've seen it elsewhere as well but at this point it remains to be seen as to how factual it is. It indicates that JA may have gone too far and may be too close to the waterfall to paddle to safety. We shall see.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

cappykat

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2005, 05:00:15 pm »
Yes, I read what bubbles wrote, but what/whom did JA slander and who brought a case against him?
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2005, 05:06:20 pm »
Yes, I read what bubbles wrote, but what/whom did JA slander and who brought a case against him?

He has been slandering Cal Spas for years (along with Hot Springs, D1, etc.). I'm not sure if it was any single incident that put it over the top. I thought it simply was Cal Spas just had enough and hauled him into court. Maybe someone knows more specifics.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2005, 02:40:03 am »
If anyone has details to this court case please PM me...I would love to know more.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2005, 06:43:01 am »
I love diggin in to him. Controversy makes life interesting, his true side seems to come out when I try and exchange with him.  I try and be nice and state only my opinion and also clarify that his (which he seems to think is not an opinion) And all heck usualy breaks loose.

I love it!!!!
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2005, 02:04:34 pm »

Maybe someone knows more specifics.

Someone inside Cal spas told me that perhaps in 5 week we would know more, implying her was temporarily being hushed on corporate level

To quote Leon Askin,  "I know nothing!"  and furthermore,

ftp://http://www.buyersmls.com/americantv/hogan3.wav
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2005, 05:06:18 pm »
I have to admit, the most recent photo posted by Sandy is very pretty, including the two young ladies. I did post this message though, we'll see if it makes it.....Yeah, I remember watching many beautiful sun sets from Littleton then later from Silverthorne/Dillon area. The one thing I remember most is how relaxing it was to just sit there and watch the sun disapear behind the continental divide. Jim, may I suggest you spend more time sitting on your porch looking at sun sets and less time trying to convince everyone that the whole world is crazy and you are the only sane one.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

autoplay

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2005, 12:18:49 am »
Think his views are limited....we'll see with my latest posting on his site lol.  Being very brief and short with my questions/statements on his board.

So far,I conclude he is spiritual,but with a limited understanding,other than what he was brainwashed with by someone/something else.  Beliefs not a bad thing,but he appears limited....and doesn't seem to be open to the obvious.

I'll start a new thread lol.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2005, 12:18:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42