What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Why a hot tub?  (Read 4259 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Why a hot tub?
« on: December 01, 2008, 11:55:42 am »
A question we always ask prospective buyers.  Usually the answer is therapy or to relax.  Rarely is it to party.  Most of our customers consider a hot tub an essential part of their lives.  However, I think our industry has an image that we are a decadent luxury item.  Sure it pricey, but a luxury?

By the way, we also employ thousands of hard working people from line workers, to regional managers, to small business owners to photoshop experts. ;D

Comments?
 :)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 11:57:49 am by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

Why a hot tub?
« on: December 01, 2008, 11:55:42 am »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: Why a hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 12:17:38 pm »
Maybe we should refuse to modernize and just ask for a bailout when everything is about to crumble! >:( ;D
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 12:59:26 pm »
Even people who buy it with the party mentality, find out they use it alone, as a coupe, or as a family more than they would have thought.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 07:16:14 pm »
A question we always ask prospective buyers.  Usually the answer is therapy or to relax.  Rarely is it to party.  Most of our customers consider a hot tub an essential part of their lives.  However, I think our industry has an image that we are a decadent luxury item.  Sure it pricey, but a luxury?

By the way, we also employ thousands of hard working people from line workers, to regional managers, to small business owners to photoshop experts. ;D

Comments?
 :)

They could cut back on the exuberant salaries for the "Photoshop experts" and really help the national deficit! Maybe not…he spend enough on Shiner Bock and cigars to help the economy already. ;) ;D

Spiderman

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 09:28:00 pm »
Don't get me started with "luxury" & "hot tub"   ;D

People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

zroger73

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 11:31:56 am »
I fall into the category of those who purchased mine with the "party mentality" - something to "wow" my friends with. During the swimming season, there's always a few of us gathered at a friend's pool almost every night. In return, I figured a hot tub would give us an alternative during the cooler seasons. Six months later, I've found that I'm essentially the only one using the thing once or twice a week by myself, but I LOVE it! I mainly enjoy the sensory experience of the warm, lighted, circulating water. I've used it a couple of times for sore muscles and it really helped me feel better when I had bronchitis last month. Occasionally it's been a nice addition to a dinner and a movie while on a date.  
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 10:51:57 pm »
I bought mine PRIMARILY to relieve sore muscles.  I play tennis twice or three times a week + try to golf twice a week.  In the winter, I will typically ski 3 or 4 times a month.  A tub in the mountains during the longer duration trips is ESSENTIAL even if they are only the resorts tubs instead of my own (Just got back from 4 days at Snowshoe, WV and hit the tub each night).  Now that I am back home, I am going out tonight to my own.  So, for those of us that are getting older (I turned 46 yesterday), it's #1 for muscles & #2 to relax
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

michiganwinter

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 07:08:50 am »
I am still waiting for mine, but got it for several reasons; #1 being to help me relax before bed and hopefully SLEEP!, #2 to relieve sore muscles and tension and #3 for husband's arthritis.  We have heard nothing but good things about the benefits of aquatherapy as you age and as we are both fast approaching 50 it sounded like a really good idea. Time will tell if it works.

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 04:27:31 pm »
We bought ours primarily for our enjoyment and relaxation.  It's a great way to "unplug" everyone in our family and have a nice conversation at the end of the day.  We used to ask friends over to sit in the hot tub, but they shy away from it.  Not sure if they don't want to be seen in their bathing suits, or what.  But it makes people feel awkward.  Doesn't keep us from using it though....we love it!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 04:41:05 pm »
It's a good question.

There's always been a preconception that hot tubs are expensive, high maintenance, costly to operate and mainly for partying in.

If your presentation doesn't address the full benefits of ownership, you are doing a HUGE disservice to you, your prospect and your company.

These are therapeutic machines designed to reconnect family & friends, feel better mind, body and soul and reinvest in yourself. (feel free to use any of these as I haven't copywrited any of them yet)  :D

Hot tubs are about finding the time to relax and as we all work hard and bring stress home, we need to look after ourselves better while having the convenience of a spa at home. I always tell potential customers how my wife and I have some of our best conversations in the spa and I learn more about my kids in 20 minutes in the tub than any other time. The focus is away from the TV, computers, XBox's, etc.

You sit in a spa, facing each other and have no alternative BUT to communicate. That's the real benefit to me personally. It’s like the firepit!

Companies spend so much time talking proprietary features, waterfalls, filtration and other crap and we fail to clearly communicate the REAL benefits of ownership. You would be surprised that the dealer down the street rarely mentions these benefits and it could just make the difference in the sale.

That's my $.02  ;)

Steve

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 09:20:05 pm »
...Companies spend so much time talking proprietary features, waterfalls, filtration and other crap and we fail to clearly communicate the REAL benefits of ownership. You would be surprised that the dealer down the street rarely mentions these benefits and it could just make the difference in the sale....

The majority of salespeople are (by their very nature) always seeking that "silver bullet" that makes their products better than anyone else's.  Often, they are so focused on communicating that premise at the cost of all other "relevant" discussions.  Some sales people literally CAN NOT sell UNLESS they think that there is something "magical" that makes their products better than all others.  I see it in my industry almost everyday.  There's not ALWAYS a big distinction between product A and product B and that is where the TRUE salesman comes through (by introducing those less "tangible" aspects like you have mentioned here).  Give me 2 of those salespeople to 10 of the "silver bullet" kind and my store will outsell the others by twice as much with 20% fewer staff.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 09:20:45 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 10:14:34 am »
WHY A HOT TUB?? I got my tub for arthritis from Lyme disease. It has helped tremendously..but Tuesday I twisted my "bad knee" so much that it swelled and I couldn't even bend it. A ton of Advil didn't even touch the pain (thought of taking  Vicodan..it hurt that bad). I couldn't bend it enough to even get into the hot tub. This morning some of the swelling was down so I went in the tub..It was 38 outside degrees with rain. I just sat there as the hot water started to ease the pain Within 15 minutes, I could move it freely. My footwell is big so I was able to walk around and after an hour it felt much better. I know it's not the cure, but it may help me get  back to walking normally ..at least until better insurance benefits kick in starting January.  :)

Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 10:14:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42