What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A hot tub in Rome!  (Read 3080 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
A hot tub in Rome!
« on: April 15, 2008, 03:20:29 pm »
Finally got pictures up (AND videos).

8 days and 8 nights...shoulda been a 6 to 8 hour job.......... but of course EVERYTHING was changed on me the last minute. Wound up being 20 freakin hours, cut into my vacation time. Still, it was fun and I hope to do more international installations in the future.

Click the pics and links for pop up enlargements and movies.

2 things to note...
1.I can't get the youtube videos to play in firefox, but they work fine in IE
2. I haven't yet processed or posted the stuff from ancient Rome (the original Roman downtown area).

http://www.rhtubs.com/rome/
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

A hot tub in Rome!
« on: April 15, 2008, 03:20:29 pm »

In Canada eh

Re: A hot tub in Rome!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 03:51:41 pm »
Doc.

Where do I submit my resume for the service tech job the next time you need one.  I'm willing to travel 8-)

Seriously,

Great pics, thanks Doc
Bullfrog 451

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 04:09:26 pm »
I kind of do this type of thing on an,  "if I feel like it"  basis. This is the second tub I've installed in Italy, and we've done one in France, one in England, one in the Cayman Islands, and I've turned down Thailand and Lebanon.

I'm still learning, and next time I'm only offering 12 hours of my time (for 8 nights lodgings). Hey, you want me to go to home depot with you because you didn't provide the tools I specified I need to do  the work, no problem, but it comes out of my 12 alloted hours  ;)

Seriously though, it's a LOT of fun. Working for a "local" you get all the inside, non-tourist info, and get to meet a lot of locals and experience more of the local style, than you'd  ever get as a "normal" tourist.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 08:02:42 pm »
Doc:

Great pictures.  
When I was there last year, we stayed in a Hotel just to the left of the Pantheon in your pics.  Albergo Del Senato.  
When we opened the window in the room on the third floor we were staring at the pediment of the Pantheon!  Talk about blowing you away!

And Rome gets my vote for the best city for installing a hot tub!
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 08:02:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42