What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: location, location, location...  (Read 6091 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: location, location, location...
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 03:23:03 pm »
One thing that may be a problem is the electric meter?  Hopefully if you go down by the window (office) it will be far enough away from the spa if you go that route??  It looks like it is??   You would also not be losing much patio space for furniture??

I would face the backside of the spa towards that white house, with a covermate3  flipping towards the white house for maximum blockage or build a privacy fence at that end of the patio.  I would think centering at the far end might be best?

Does the patio have a slope to it for runoff? If so the spa may have to be shimmed somehow.  Other than that it looks pretty straight forward.   ;)  

Looks like a nice place!  I think a Jacuzzi would look fantastic there!!  ;) ;D

Let us know what you come up with.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 04:10:14 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 03:23:03 pm »

spa_newb

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 03:57:21 pm »
WOW!  You folks are great...  so many responses and funny, too!

In the picture the nearest window is the dining room, the small window next to the sliding glass door is the kitchen sink and the far window is the office.  We do want the hot tub on the slab, under the roof.  I want it on the far end and the plan is to put up lattice work or something to provide a little privacy from the road.  It would be ~ 10-15 feet from the door/steps.  Do we put it as close to the house as possible or in the middle of the slab so you have access to all sides?  Any thoughts on that?  
The installation guy is coming on Monday to discuss the how's where's and why's installation with us...

I think I understand your question, I'd put it at one end of the slab under the roof, either near where the ladder is or the other end near the 00 hockey jersey. I wouldn't put it in the middle. That way you won't lose the entire area underneath...Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 03:59:04 pm by spa_newb »

Steelerpete

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 04:08:01 pm »
I say you put the tub right in front of the BBQ so nobody knows your a Bungals fan!!!!! HE HE just kidding from your fellow AFC North fan!!!

Happy Tubbing!!  ;D ::) ;D ;)

twalshioni

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 04:43:05 pm »
Thanks Jim.  I agree.  We weren't going to get a covermate, but now I think we are sold on the idea.  We are going to be traveling a lot over the Holidays, so we have decided not to have it installed until early January.  I will send a picture after it is up and running.  Thanks to everyone for your input.  Thanks too regarding the drainage issues.  I will check into that before installation...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 04:43:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42