What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 4423 times)

GrayBeardCA

Help please
« on: May 28, 2016, 05:43:48 pm »
Short version: We bought a hottub from a dealer that's kind of left us high and dry. We need help with chemicals

Our main issue, we have no chemicals, no idea what chemicals to buy, no idea how to balance those chemicals. I know there are a ton of options out there - we just need to get some instruction on what to do. (I also have no idea how to run the spa but I guess there's a manual that I can read)

They basically delivered the hot tub and left. It took call after call (multiple weeks) before they came back and hooked it up (their in-house electrician was part of the package). It's on and full of water and the guy "threw some chlorine in" and left saying it wasn't balanced. So I guess we either need to go with a chlorine based chemical or empty it and refill it to switch to bromine (is that right)?

Luckily my wife mentioned we were having the city come out for the second half of the inspection next week and the electrician admitted that it wasn't hooked up right and not to have the city come out yet because he has a part he has to order. The spa has tripped the breaker already and we called the electrician and he said it was probably the 24 hour test that bullfrog does even though the spa has only been on an hour. 

Frustrated.

Hot Tub Forum

Help please
« on: May 28, 2016, 05:43:48 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 06:14:07 pm »
Not right. You can switch from chlorine to bromine without draining.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

GrayBeardCA

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 09:15:12 pm »
Well, we ended up going to the Dimension 1 guy that we really liked and he helped us with the chemicals and explained how to use them. Tub is up to 96 degrees now so hopefully I'll be using this when the kids go to bed tonight.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 09:15:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42