What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Taking out the filter mess  (Read 6662 times)

benalexe

Taking out the filter mess
« on: August 26, 2008, 07:36:12 am »
Does this happen to any of you... I remove the filters and tons of grass and crap end up going from the filter compartment to the tub.  

Any good solution?

Hot Tub Forum

Taking out the filter mess
« on: August 26, 2008, 07:36:12 am »

Vanguard

Re: Taking out the filter mess
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 09:02:47 am »
I'm not overly familiar with the T-spa filter area.  Does it not have a door that floats up & down (Weir)?  Many spas have that to prevent that from happening.  Sometimes the weir can get stuck letting debris float into the spa.  If you have that on the spa, the just pull it up.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:13:18 am »
If the kids are still using the tub as a warm swimming pool, and it sound like they are based on grass in the filters..I would put a basin of water at the tub steps for them to rinse their feet before entering the tub. I even do that when my kids go from the pool to the tub even though they are walking across the deck...I don't really think the tub filtration system was designed to handle stuff like that... :-/ So preventing the "crap" from entering the tub in the first place would really help prevent your problem.. ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 10:56:12 am »
Does this happen to any of you... I remove the filters and tons of grass and crap end up going from the filter compartment to the tub.  

Any good solution?

The only real solution besides not letting the debris in is to take the filter out more often so there is less excessive crap that at any given time to fall off when you're SLOWLY lifting it out.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:27:53 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 11:23:09 am »
No, doesn't happen on my spa. I don't let grass clippingw in, in the first place. I will get leaves from time to time, as they like to land in the tub. But it usually stays in the filter area as I pull the filters out. I have a sliding weir which keeps the stuff in.

If I find stuff in the filter compartment after pulling them out, I scoop it out with my trusty fish net, or if it is sand or grit at the bottom of the filter compartment, I vac it out with a 'grit gitter' or siphon.

HTH

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 03:42:02 pm »
I agree.  A small net works best.

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 05:34:23 pm »
I am with Chas. I use a little fish net. I will swill the water to make a mini whilpool and then put the net in and catch most of the little floating buggers

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 07:43:17 pm »
I am with Chas. I use a little fish net. I will swill the water to make a mini whilpool and then put the net in and catch most of the little floating buggers

AHHHHH!!!!  Thank you for that great advice--who knew there was a fish net technique??
2005 HS Vanguard

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 07:45:15 pm »
I power wash the kids now before they get in the tub.  They are to busy crying in pain, that they cant run around in the grass and get there feet dirty.  little bastards!!!

Just kidding, i like the water bucket to step in first.  Nice touch bonn.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 07:38:09 pm »
Kids? You let KIDS into your spa?

No wonder.

8-)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 11:04:00 pm »
No, doesn't happen on my spa. I don't let grass clippingw in, in the first place. I will get leaves from time to time, as they like to land in the tub. But it usually stays in the filter area as I pull the filters out. I have a sliding weir which keeps the stuff in.

If I find stuff in the filter compartment after pulling them out, I scoop it out with my trusty fish net, or if it is sand or grit at the bottom of the filter compartment, I vac it out with a 'grit gitter' or siphon.

HTH

8-)

Chas, what spa did you end up getting after the Grandee?

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 08:13:06 pm »
I didn't. I have no spa right now - we soak at the store in our new Envoy, or the La Palma if we want music.

We have decided to redo our backyard, so we will wait until the dust settles to get a new spa. Can you believe that?

8-)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 01:47:33 pm »
I bought a pool net for $15 and keep it down the side of the tub. I use it when I clean the filter or when I get lots of suds, I just go around the spa and scoop the suds out.

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 01:47:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42